Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lvl vr 1 cannot figure out how to continue main quest please help.

hangledangle
I'm a vr 1 I've done a few of the main quest and have gotten to the tharn speaks I believe. But after that I have not received any other main quest line whatsoever. I've tried actually going to the harbor and that didn't work. I've tried traveling around to see if an npc pops up to give it to me. Nothing has worked please help
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    If you are at the tharn speaks quest, tharn should be at the mages guild hall in the first major city of your alliance. If you're at the following quest, According to uesp, the profet should appear when approaching a major city.

Hope this can get you going?
  • hangledangle
    I've tried that, I've traveled to every major city and literally no one pops up to give me my main quest and I've already completed cold harbor so this is all I need to move on to the next faction how frustrating. I have no main quest in my journal how the hell am I supposed to progress
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part of the confusion comes from the fact that the storyline through Coldharbour is mainly part of the fighters guild and mages guild questline, not actually the main quest line.
    :smile:
  • hangledangle
    Do I need to beat all of the fighters guild and mages guild quests as well before I can move on?
  • hangledangle
    I'm literally talking about just the main quest line. Where is says main quest in your journal in yellow. I understand te difference. I've completed the Mage guild quests but not the fighters guild. I'm just trying to find a way to get whatever npc is supposed to appear and give me my next main quest. The annoying part is that the main quest I'm on is level 25 or around there and I'm a vr 1. So it's not like I need to level up and wait around. I should already have the quest
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the questline can bug out if you try to do lots of quests consecutively. You may like to try submitting a ticket or posting in General Help, but all I can personally suggest is that you keep going between the main cities of each zone, but use the roads so that the game has some time between you being in each one to try and catch up with itself.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of confusing stuff in the answers here.

So let's first take away the confusion. coldharbour, mages guild, fighters guild, etc have nothing to do with it. Only the quests listed under "main quest" in the questlog are needed. I've heard that you can have blocked progress in the final quest if you didnt do those things (never experienced that myself), but you are clearly far from that point anyways.

So you are stuck on the main quest. The first thing you have to do is to verify you don't have any quests listed under "Main Quest". If that is the case, all you need to do is do that quest, take the reward, visit a major town and continue. As Enodoc said, it can be bugged sometimes, give it some time and if that doesn't help then ask support to look at the matter.

If you don't have any quests listed and you have this for a longer time (several days or more) then clearly it is bugged. I would suggest making a support ticket strait away.

Good luck.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely have to complete the quests in Coldharbour where you do the light of meridian, rescue the Mages guild fighters guild and another guy on the east side. Basically continue doing the quest that the ghost/daedra gives when you first take the portal to Coldharbour.

There will not be quest markers until you go out in Coldharbour and find the quest givers.

I believe this is somehow what you've missed.
    OR if you're not that far and on the Tharns speaks part, you'd need to travel to where he tells you (DC) there is a cave quest in Rivenspire

You've left out a lot so it's hard to assist you but your character level has nothing to do with completing the main quests after reaching 45. It's something you've neglected to read or follow.

Tip: all quests do not place markers on the map but directions are given in the dialogue
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 9, 2015 10:31PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • hangledangle
    I figured it out. Thank you guys for all of your help I can finally travel to kill those bloody elves
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    If you finished Coldharbour you made a decision where the remaining NPCs should have said, meet us back at the cave. When you get to the cave outside your startin city you should be able to start Caldwell's silver.
  • M4YON
    M4YON
    I've just finished the fighters guild and mages guild quests in coldharbour moved into the chasm and completed each level with Caldwell to where the quest ends. I have not received any new quests and wondered where i went from there.
    Edited by M4YON on July 15, 2015 9:45AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @M4YON After "The Final Battle", as long as you are Level 45 or above, the Prophet should appear to you when you leave the Chapel of Light in the Hollow City. If you missed him there, he should also appear at any main city.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • M4YON
    M4YON
    @Enodoc Thank you i was just being a bit dim, i am back on track now.