Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick question

leveltic
leveltic
Ok I'm starting a new character because I messed my first character up as a healer. How do I kill the AI if I want to be a full healer? Do I use a destruction staff still?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pure healer is not deadly, as you surmise the Healing Staff is not really a decent weapon. I for sure can't kill anything with it. However a Healer does not need a Healing Staff. A Templar makes a great healer and can be a DPS Dealing Machine at the same time. Use the Destro Staff for DPS, and the Templar Skills for Healing.

So, roll a Templar, give them a Destro Staff, focus them on Magic, and all your problems and worries are gone.

Once your to L15, the you can add a Healing Staff and start leveling that if you want the more focused healing it can provide.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    A pure healer is not deadly, as you surmise the Healing Staff is not really a decent weapon. I for sure can't kill anything with it. However a Healer does not need a Healing Staff. A Templar makes a great healer and can be a DPS Dealing Machine at the same time. Use the Destro Staff for DPS, and the Templar Skills for Healing.

So, roll a Templar, give them a Destro Staff, focus them on Magic, and all your problems and worries are gone.

Once your to L15, the you can add a Healing Staff and start leveling that if you want the more focused healing it can provide.

^ This. A Templar healer was my first character, and yes, I also have a lot of NON healing abilities. Get a few healing abilities at first, but also be sure to get some damage dealing abilities. Not only will you be able to (mildly) help out your group with DPS in dungeons, you will also be able to fight and defend yourself while solo (such as out questing). Keep an eye out for abilities that also have utility - by utility I mean it has a buff/debuff or passively heals (When you hit mob with X, then whoever does damage to the mob gets health back. Or maybe if you hit the mob with X, the mob can not receive full healing).

[EDIT] As well, some skills found deeper in the damage dealing Templar skill lines are often used (and asked for) at later levels, so it's handy to level up all you skill lines. The one example I'll use of that is Spear Shards morphs into an ability that an ally can synergize to boost their magicka and/or stamina. Often time when a tank runs out of stamina, they will call out for this - not only does it do AOE damage - it helps your allies out when their short on stamina or magicka.
    Edited by MissBizz on July 7, 2015 3:02PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • leveltic
    leveltic
    Thanks and yes I'm a Templar the reason I'm redoing my character is because I was a Imperial Templar now I switch to Breton
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leveltic wrote: »
    Thanks and yes I'm a Templar the reason I'm redoing my character is because I was a Imperial Templar now I switch to Breton

Cool. I've heard Breton is fantastic, I used High Elf for my healer. Although, I just started an Imperial Templar that I'm turning into a tank :) Best of luck and have fun!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • leveltic
    leveltic
    Yea the imperials make a good tank it's just not my style. The only reason I picked imperial is because I thought I needed to so I could get the horse lol. Have fun with your new play style as well. I made it to level 24 then figures to make the switch before it got to late