Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not sure what quest to do for mages guild?

_DDMM
_DDMM
Soul Shriven
So it's been a while since i've done the MG quest(I believe i've only finished the first one). I've been doing others and now i'm lost. I want to continue the MG quest line but i'm not sure where to go or which quest to do. Is there anywhere I can go to find out where I stand in the MG quest line?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each Mages Guild quest requires a particular Guild Rank. So to get the second quest, you need Rank 2, and so on. Once you have hit the required rank, you will get the quest the next time you visit any Mages Guild hall.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vader3654
    Vader3654
    Are there quests all the way to rank 10?
  • alaiham2002
    Vader3654 wrote: »

No
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Each Mages Guild quest requires a particular Guild Rank. So to get the second quest, you need Rank 2, and so on. Once you have hit the required rank, you will get the quest the next time you visit any Mages Guild hall.

Thank you!!!!
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vader3654 wrote: »

No, the final quest is given at rank 5
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Zeroswitch
    Do you build up your rank by finding Lore books in the world? I was confused about how to build it up when I couldn't find any quests for them outside of the first one. Is there a certain type/number of Lore books you must find to hit rank 2?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeroswitch wrote: »
    Do you build up your rank by finding Lore books in the world? I was confused about how to build it up when I couldn't find any quests for them outside of the first one. Is there a certain type/number of Lore books you must find to hit rank 2?
    Yes. Rank 2 is reached once you have accumulated 70 Reputation Points with the Mages Guild. You get 5 Rep per book, and 20 Rep for completing one Collection. So, for example, completing one entire collection (10 books at 5, with completion) will get you from Rank 1 to Rank 2.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp