Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Find Final Story Mission (potential spoilers?)

Halo7GA
Halo7GA
Soul Shriven
As the title says, I can't seem to find the final story mission. I entered Coldharbour after the three alliances meeting and was introduced by the groudskeeper. But from the point I haven't received any story mission and I am vet rank 1 now! Also, the town in coldharbour doesn't show the blacksmithing shop, woodworking, etc... and doesn't allow me to enter doors (acts as if I am not supposed to be in the town yet. Please help. I am unsure if I am glitched but I want to move on to Craglorn. Thanks!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you meet the Groundskeeper she should take you on a tour of the city, when that's done she tells you that you need to rescue some people and give vague hints as to where you can find them; it's a while since I did it but I'm pretty sure you should have got one or two quests from her to begin this process.

At this stage, as you noticed, most of the city is empty/inaccessible. Basically, without giving any real spoilers, your job is to rescue people, there are several you can do but two you must. After rescuing each a major part of the city will open up and as you come across other NPCs you help more minor parts become available.

You can exit the city to the west and the east, my suggestion is go west first. Simply explore and you'll come across several quests and eventually learn about where one of the two core people to be rescued can be found.

Your being VR1 is a surprise frankly if you've not even begun the Coldharbour quest arcs, but I don't see how it could affect your ability to get quests.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 7, 2015 6:32AM
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    You have a very long road to Craglorn. The content in Craglorn is accessible at VR 1 but it is far too difficult for 99% of players at that level unless you are teamed with a very good group of players. If you have completed the Harborage quests that lead up to the fight against Molag Bal and the quests that introduce you to the leaders of the other alliances, Coldharbour should be your next stop, however places like the mages Guild and Fighters Guild are not accessible to you until you complete some main quests in the area around the city. If you head west and complete the Lightless Oubliette quest you can access the fighters guild. I won't spoil more than that, but essentially you need to head out into the darkness of Coldharbour and start the quests there in order to progress. The road north is locked until you complete the quests to the east and west first.
  • Halo7GA
    Halo7GA
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you!
  • Halo7GA
    Halo7GA
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, thanks!