Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is taking a 'bite' out of XboxOne PVP, look at the top of this forum.

joeldg_ESO
joeldg_ESO
Soul Shriven
I cannot speak for other consoles, but when it is night time everyone bails from PVP and heads to the spawn locations for Werewolf/Vamp bites for their mains or their alts. I was a werewolf but trying to swap to Vamp after I found out that as a sorc it is a better option, I am sitting at the least camped site in Bankorai with 30 other people right now.. People that are not questing and are not in PVP.

After about nine or so days (in real time) I have been to about 16 different in game midnight's and only once that I have heard of did werewolves spawn, maybe around last Tuesday?.

With scarcity like that there are scammers everywhere (level 15's trying to sell bites) and then griefers sitting and waiting to ruin it for thirty people. Also, thirty people trying to get the attention of spawns obviously will not work.

I am sure it will get sorted in a few months as the spawns happen, but a lot of people will get mad and give up before then.

In the meantime it is screwing up PVP.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not meant to be easy to be a werewolf or vampire
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• God-eater
    God-eater
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

That's taken care of, then, with a dedicated population spending their game time stopping anyone from getting it 'naturally'.
    "M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool." - some cat I met on the road
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    There is an incredibly simple solution to all of these problems. Wait. Level your character until they are into VR 1 and the Caldwell silver and gold quests, and then when you visit the respective areas of other alliances for vampire/werewolf spawns, you will find the areas quite empty. There is a much more sparse player population in these areas, and you will find the vampire line far more satisfying when you are at a higher level and the weaknesses are offset more by your toons strengths. Just my thoughts anyways.
  • joeldg_ESO
    joeldg_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    OzJohnD wrote: »

guess you didn't read my post.. all cool, keep on posting rando stuff..
  • joeldg_ESO
    joeldg_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    There is an incredibly simple solution to all of these problems. Wait. Level your character until they are into VR 1 and the Caldwell silver and gold quests, and then when you visit the respective areas of other alliances for vampire/werewolf spawns, you will find the areas quite empty. There is a much more sparse player population in these areas, and you will find the vampire line far more satisfying when you are at a higher level and the weaknesses are offset more by your toons strengths. Just my thoughts anyways.

This is great and I gave you a +1 insightful, but the issue is that at in-game night the PVP areas empty out because people are bottle-necked (or feel they are) trying to get these skill lines. I noticed it before but didn't 'get' why until I decided to swap from Werewolf ... getting Werewolf was easy, it took no time at all for me, but there is definitely a problem here and I apparently was lucky. Other people I talk with have been attempting for weeks to get those skill lines.

Anyway, my main point is that it is a huge distraction that should be, with effort, be doable so people can get back to the real game.

edit: there are a lot of Vets sitting around these as well.. so...
    Edited by joeldg_ESO on July 7, 2015 7:08PM
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    The bite is the fact EP is home to Eastmarch and the Rift. Lel. But since everything is fresh and so many people want there underworldy buff, it may be some time until the crowds are clear. Tbh this doesn't have a very large impact on PvP
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easier solution would be to offer vamp or were during char creation which rids this forum of bite requests and complaints regarding it (not that I see this discussion as a complaint).

Mods would spend less time locking threads, that's for sure.