Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malabar Tor quest: The Ties that Bind (XB1) appears to be broken.

jellicles
jellicles
✭✭✭
For the third barrier, regardless the choice I make betwixt sword and poison I cannot lower the barrier. Sadly in five different instances no one is mic'd and my requests for help go unheeded. What gives? How do you advance the story? Clearly the spinner does not favor this one.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind, there was a third option that was not on the table. And that is all I will say. But the game now continues.

Edit: I should add that the correct solution was not in reach like the other solutions had been. Too clever by a half if I dare say so.
    Edited by jellicles on July 7, 2015 12:02AM
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you end up doing to resolve your problem?
    I was stuck for a bit, dropped the quest, did the barrels in a different order. I was still stuck on the 4th, but luckily no one was on and the NPC walked away after about 1 minute of me waiting 30 yards away from him. I was relieved.

Now if only on the Prisoner of Jathsogur... lol
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know how to hide spoilers, but allow me to restate a major hint: the item you must select to remove the third barrier is literally not placed upon the table. But it is up on the table.
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Zoom out, look at the sky, isn't it beautiful.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    phaseadept wrote: »
    Zoom out, look at the sky, isn't it beautiful.

Yes, it is quite lovely in those parts. But focus more on the table for a more immediate and tangible reward.