Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sneak

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
Is sneaking like skyrim where you gain more experience in sneaking or do you gain the experience through the passives only?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every character can sneak from the beginning. There is no sneak skill, your detection area is only influenced by your armour and racial passives and the bonus damage depends on the type of your weapon,your armour and racial passives.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, sneaking in ESO does not give sneak XP ... its a game mechanic, not a skill like in Skyrim
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the passive skilline is different then other elder scrolls games. Legerdemain is a combination of thief-skills and it levels through gained xp when pickpocketing, lockpicking or stealing. So sneaking itself does nothing. Personally I prefer it. sneaking itself is not rewarding or giving you any advantage. It is what you do with the situations when stealthed. That can be to make a critical hit, feed (as a vampire) or steal something. That is why I think it is good that sneaking alone isn't rewarded.

However, by stealing, pickpocketing and lockpicking you can unlock passives that improves your sneaking. So it is not through the passive you gain experience, but through the action you take when sneaking.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU