Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lvl 13 Nightblade LOOKING FOR DROPS

justinamelie
So here I am, in Auridon, getting worthless rewards that have nothing to do with my class. Should I even bother with trying to get drops at such a low level? If I should, where do I find anything decent / worthwhile? Just repeating dungeons?

Sorry for the derpy question.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drops are all RNG. Whether they help you or not depends on how you look at them.

1. Equipment to use, pretty self explanatory, but nothing you can plan on.
    2. Source of Gold, which means pretty much Vendoring everything you get to a game merchant (as opposed to Guild Stores)
    3. Source of Crafting Mats or Inspiration by Deconstructing the items

Outside of Warlock stuff, 99% of what you get during leveling is mostly vendor trash. Some Dropped set items and traited items have some worth to sell in the Guild Stores/Kiosks.

The best way to get what you want, as far as equipment goes, is to kill more mobs. Or, decon what you get and learn crafting. Or, vendor what you get and pay a crafter to make it for you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is worthwhile, much more worthwhile if you just want stuff for yourself. Depending on your build, you won't be able to/want to use 50% or more of the drops your level. Especially because you're likely leveling so fast many pieces are only good for decon (bind on equip) after you outgrow them.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • justinamelie
    Nestor wrote: »
    Drops are all RNG. Whether they help you or not depends on how you look at them.

1. Equipment to use, pretty self explanatory, but nothing you can plan on.
    2. Source of Gold, which means pretty much Vendoring everything you get to a game merchant (as opposed to Guild Stores)
    3. Source of Crafting Mats or Inspiration by Deconstructing the items

Outside of Warlock stuff, 99% of what you get during leveling is mostly vendor trash. Some Dropped set items and traited items have some worth to sell in the Guild Stores/Kiosks.

The best way to get what you want, as far as equipment goes, is to kill more mobs. Or, decon what you get and learn crafting. Or, vendor what you get and pay a crafter to make it for you.

Dumb question but where do I find mobs? :neutral:
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mobs = enemies, usually groups of enemies.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobs as a term is not accurate. Any NPC that is aggressive to you, or you can kill outside of the Justice System, is a Mob. Even if it is one.

As for finding these mobs, just be outside of a city or in a dungeon/delve, you will find them, or they will find you. Or take some quests, they will send you to places that have Mobs to kill.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mob

An AI controlled monster. ‘Mob’ originally comes from the MUD era, where it was short for ‘mobile’, to differentiate monsters that would patrol a set of rooms as opposed to monsters which would stay in one place until killed.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• justinamelie
    Thanks everyone for your responses
    I'm just gonna keep grinding / leveling / etc

Anytime I have a researchable item, I research it. Hopefully that helps out in the longrun