Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectibles

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is it possible to miss any collectibles due to level gaps making them unable to drop because the enemies that drop them are too low level or are there places or is there a place where it is possible to find every enemy that drops these and can actually drop loot for you regardless of level or be max level (excluding scraps for clothing which drop anyway)?

For example I noticed the Durzog in Toothmaul Gully in the Aldmeri Dominion's region Auridon have a collectible to drop but they are Level 7 in there so at my level which is 19 all they drop is Rawhide Scraps. Can they still drop their collectible or must I seek Durzog elsewhere?
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy

Best Answer

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confirmed with Customer Support that you must be within 5 levels, higher or lower, for a collectible to drop. It's very easy to outlevel some of the mobs with the collectible you want. If that happens, you have two scenarios. First is find an alternative location for the drop, though often this will be a veteran area in Silver or Gold zones. 2nd is to roll an alt that will be in the level range for your drop. Check this thread for alternate drop locations: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129559/collectible-achievement-guide-spoiler-alert/p1

FYI, I've gotten almost all my collectibles in veteran zones, since they didn't even work right in the game until after I was level 50. A few I got on alts because the veteran alternative was a poor substitute. I only have two left, and I may do another alt for one of them, as Westry in Glennumbra is the only place with high concentrations of rapidly respawning wraiths.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also love to know the answer one this, I know (or at least it was believed) that yes you could outlevel the mobs and they wouldn't drop the collectible.. but I dunno, maybe that was never true (or changed)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I confirmed with Customer Support that you must be within 5 levels, higher or lower, for a collectible to drop. It's very easy to outlevel some of the mobs with the collectible you want. If that happens, you have two scenarios. First is find an alternative location for the drop, though often this will be a veteran area in Silver or Gold zones. 2nd is to roll an alt that will be in the level range for your drop. Check this thread for alternate drop locations: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129559/collectible-achievement-guide-spoiler-alert/p1

FYI, I've gotten almost all my collectibles in veteran zones, since they didn't even work right in the game until after I was level 50. A few I got on alts because the veteran alternative was a poor substitute. I only have two left, and I may do another alt for one of them, as Westry in Glennumbra is the only place with high concentrations of rapidly respawning wraiths.

Disappointing in some ways but thanks for the info nonetheless.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 6, 2015 8:36PM
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    what are the collectables for?
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Achievements.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭

Achievements.

And what do you do with them?
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Achievements.

You can keep them if you want but it is advised to sell them since obtaining them period locks in the achievement progress.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Achievements.

You can keep them if you want but it is advised to sell them since obtaining them period locks in the achievement progress.

@UltimaJoe777 , are you confirming that on the console, just having them in your inventory marks the item as complete in your journal for the achievement? Please flag my name or message me so I get your response, thanks.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Achievements.

@UltimaJoe777 , are you confirming that on the console, just having them in your inventory marks the item as complete in your journal for the achievement? Please flag my name or message me so I get your response, thanks.

Yes I am confirming that simply looting the collectible permanently marks the collectible as obtained in the achievement list for that character, making it safe to sell without losing achievement progress. This also applies to Trophy Fish.