The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Gwent" style card game in taverns?

Krossus
Krossus
✭✭✭
For those who've played "Gwent" in Witcher 3, what do you think of a similar game in the local taverns in this game? I would love to be able to sit across the table with other players and collect cards, bet gold or items equivalent to the current pot's value, in this game. I think it would bring another social element to the game and you'd see more usage out of the taverns. Just an opinion.
Edited by Krossus on July 6, 2015 8:02AM
Know thyself, know thy enemy; a thousand battles, a thousand victories.......................Sun Tzu

"Gwent" style card game in taverns? 34 votes

Yes
50%
VlorXantariabertenburnyb16_ESOSantieClawsKnootewoottajniackDerpyShadowzSorataArisugawahondelinkKrossusBashevDDukeGarionsadownikdabulls7491Sigh89Kryokill 17 votes
No
32%
Storm_knight22r.jan_emailb16_ESODaveTheMinionShadowHvoDeltaStevetengriSeth_BlackSapherisEirellaSithisvoidPman85 11 votes
Maybe, with conditions..
17%
Shogunamielias.stormneb18_ESORomoNadiusMaximusSausageThalmont 6 votes
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, with conditions..
    And that condition is that it is Gwent. I love that game. Finally finished finding them all.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Now I have the Gwent card music playing in my head ....
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, with conditions..
    We can hope newly announced Elder Scroll Legends is coming to ESO too. As far I know its F2P card game, so why not to integrate it with ESO, even with future ES titles. I again think one should be able to play wherever he wants.
    Edited by Sausage on July 6, 2015 9:19AM
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If this game had card games you could play with your friends in taverns, I dont think i could peel myself away from it.
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, with conditions..
    They have to let us be able to sit in taverns first. So it's not happening ever.
  • Krossus
    Krossus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sausage wrote: »
    We can hope newly announced Elder Scroll Legends is coming to ESO too. As far I know its F2P card game, so why not to integrate it with ESO, even with future ES titles. I again think one should be able to play wherever he wants.

Never thought about ESO Legends, but that is a great tie-in. I also like the idea to play anywhere, but the taverns have a certain social appeal. I'd even like to play by a campfire in Cyrodil while waiting to assault or defend a keep lol.
    Know thyself, know thy enemy; a thousand battles, a thousand victories.......................Sun Tzu
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No go play magic the gathering like the rest of us
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    They cant make a new map for past 2 years.

Good luck with a mini game
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they would place the new card game Bethesta is going to make in this game... I would... well I don't know exactly what I would, but it will be outstanding for sure!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I see your point, but instead of copying ideas from the Witcher, surely ESO could come up with their own card game ideas etc, like top trumps for example, you collect cards from ncp's you meet and beat in the game, then you battle it out in a tavern with your mates etc. "who beat the best boss so to speak?
    Edited by DaveTheMinion on July 6, 2015 12:00PM
    EU PS4 Megaserver
    VR16 Sorc - Daggerfall - Magic Build
    VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall - Stamina Build

PS4 Guild: Illuminati Gaming for the over 30's is not a myth.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have them link in game a version of the TES card game they plan?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played Witcher, but they do need some tavern diversions, like an in-game card game between players.

The problem is that ZOS is currently booked through the end of the decade doing what they are doing now. If it wasn't on the white board a year ago, something else has to be set aside if they want to do anything like this. It is not likely they will hire anyone extra to accelerate development.

However, what is more likely to happen is they will come up with some elaborate way to link an external F2P micro-transaction game, like Legends, to ESO. Sort of like if World of Warcraft had some way to dynamically switch to Hearthstone and then return to World of Warcraft when the game is complete. Technologically interesting, but not so much interesting from an ESO game perspective.

I can see them dropping several zones and a few features to push something like that to the front.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus