The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do buffs stack?

UTG_Zilla
UTG_Zilla
✭✭✭
I'm sure is obvious but just wanna make sure, if I use one buff that adds 20% damage and then another for the same 20%, would they stack to 40%? Or...?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, major buffs don't stack, only a minor one will stack with a major one.
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Two of the same kind of buff do NOT stack. For example, if you use an ability that gives you Major Sorcery and then use a different ability that also gives you Major Sorcery (same buff), then you would NOT receive 2x Major Sorcery.

However, a Major and a Minor version of the same buff WILL stack. Example: one ability provides Major Brutality, while another gives Minor Brutality = stackable.

So, in short:

Major + Major (same type) = NO
    Major + Major (different type) = Yes
    Major + Minor (same type) = Yes
    Minor + Minor (different type) = Yes
    Minor + Minor (same type) = NO
  • UTG_Zilla
    UTG_Zilla
    ✭✭✭
    So I can't stack medium armor skill and assassination skill (each 20% dodge) for 40% dodge? It'd just be 20%?
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    UTG_Zilla wrote: »
    So I can't stack medium armor skill and assassination skill (each 20% dodge) for 40% dodge? It'd just be 20%?

Yes, it will be 20 %. BUT you can stack one of those buffs with hist bark (18%), making it 38 %.
    Edited by Shinra on July 6, 2015 8:52AM
  • UTG_Zilla
    UTG_Zilla
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why they did it this way (let's be honest 40% dodge and like 48-68% damage buffs would be op) but I wish they would inform us in game. A simple "will not stack with other major savagery/etc..." Would be a lot more helpful than being dependent on forums for questions like these.

Thanks all for the answers tho.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is why would ZOS put a sets in game that grants a buffs if there not stackable. Though this isnt confirmed through ZOS, i have druegh king and i dont see a buff on my list saying major brutality i just have it. So saying if buffs stack i agree those buffs might not stack, but the game doesn't look at it as a buff technically is the 5th set piece. So this post might be asking the wrong question.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only have 1 major and 1 minor buff of teh same type of buffs at once.

So you can have say a major vit and major brute active at once and you may also have minor vit and minor brute active along with majors.

You can not have 2 major vits active at once or 2 major brutes active at once.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druegh King grants major brutality as a passive and not a buff. Correct 2 major buffs cannot stack.