Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Character Blues

Falco63
Falco63
✭✭
My first character which is now lvl4 can't get a break and dies on what should be first lvl quests? Everywhere I go I am battling 7th & 8th lvl opponents and I can not seem to make any progress, the game so far is not fun at all just frustrating! It doesn't help that all my gear has been beat down to where it is worthless and I don't have enough gold to repair it. Where can I go to just grind for a while to get on my feet???
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm. . . sounds like you need to find the NPC that teleports you to noob island. There should be a quest marker on the beach/docks for an NPC that offers to take you somewhere. Everything will be level 4 - 7. Have fun.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go back to where you started the game and find an NPC giving you a quest to go to an island. It's the starting island of your alliance - Bleakrock for EP, Khenarti's Roost for AD or Stros M'Kai for DC. They're designed for the lowest level characters, when you finish, you will be level 7-8.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this sounds like you missed the starter island for your faction. There should have been a quest giver right outside the building where you first spawned after getting out of the prison maps.
    :smile:
  • Falco63
    Falco63
    ✭✭
    Thanks that sounds like exactly what I missed, I appreciate the quick responses. And I don't mind being a noob at all; when I think I've got it all figured out, that's when I'm really in trouble ;)
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    The game's tough when you're just starting out and don't have access to any great skills/weapons/gear. Definitely finish all the quests on the starter island, find all the skyshards there, and discover all the places on it. Gather materials for crafting, deconstruct everything you find (that you're not using/researching traits on), put some points into crafting, and make yourself some better gear if possible. Go to high traffic areas, hang out at world bosses (skull + cross bones symbols on map), farm some dolmens (Dark Anchors) for better gear. Take advantage of other players being present during quests/events, it really helps early on. Soon you'll be able to take on mobs by yourself no problem ;)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting the very first quest gives the clue to go away from the starting town to the starting zone. You are expected to be about lvl 6 before getting on with the main story quests in the starting town, especially when you don't have a friendly character to gear you up at the start.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend