Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Circus of cleverfull slaughter

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
Has any one done this quest? I am lvl 18 and have just finished it. I will admit I had to have quite a few attempts, what with multiple enemies at times and the bosses were not that easy. Was wondering if any one else found it hard, if so then at least I will know the gear and spells i have are not that bad.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • ElderPolls
    (Circus of CHEERFUL Slaughter, just correcting.) Well, lvl 18 may have been slightly low for that quest. I did it at around 20-21, and it wasn't too bad. It isn't your gear or spells, just your character level.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I thought what I had wrote down never looked right.
    That's good to know its my lvl and not character. Think I should have left it and waited, I am just concerned that I will lose quests that I have left because I my Character has got higher.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to Mages Guild and Fighters Guild quests, as well as the Main Quest, they scale with you, so you will never outlevel them. Each quest also has a minimum recommended level, but that is currently not showing up in the Journal. Circus of Cheerful Slaughter has a minimum recommended of 25 (I think), so that may be why you found it tricky. (That level should be the same as the level of enemies during the quest - do you remember what they were?)
    Normal zone quests however can be outlevelled, and this is represented by them turning green and then grey in the Journal. Grey quests still give XP for the quest, but you won't get any XP for the mobs killed during a grey quest.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    With regards to Mages Guild and Fighters Guild quests, as well as the Main Quest, they scale with you, so you will never outlevel them. Each quest also has a minimum recommended level, but that is currently not showing up in the Journal. Circus of Cheerful Slaughter has a minimum recommended of 25 (I think), so that may be why you found it tricky. (That level should be the same as the level of enemies during the quest - do you remember what they were?)
    Normal zone quests however can be outlevelled, and this is represented by them turning green and then grey in the Journal. Grey quests still give XP for the quest, but you won't get any XP for the mobs killed during a grey quest.

That is really interesting to read, thanks. I can now see why it was difficult. I do seem to recall the enemies were level 25, I remember wondering why they were so high when the quest level was not.

Glad you mentioned normal zone quests, I found a couple yesterday while wondering about that were level 11. Being at level 20 now I was surprised I could see them.

I have been finding it difficult to find quests that are nearer my level, have been staying clear of places where the quests will obviously be higher, but finding it hard to find places that have any quests nearer my lvl. It was interesting to read that the quests are scaled with my Character.

On a plus side, completing the circus of cheerful slaughter at level 18, does in some way show that I am doing some thing right with setting my character's gear up correctly lol. It was a really good story line I thought, loved the whole theatre theme.

Thanks.
    -Johnny Depp