Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You know where I can steal pauldrons?

Noomfy-Mop
Noomfy-Mop
✭✭
So I'm ONE step off getting the indecent exposure trophy...
I need to find and steal some pauldrons but can't find ANY.
Every time I google it just leads me to a thread on here about stealing belts.. Every dam time. No matter how I word it or what order I put those words in >:(.

Basically I'm in dagger fall and need to steal pauldrons. Anyone know where I can find some or what they might be in "sacks, backpacks, chests etc."

Cheers in advanced lads and lasses.
This is my signature.
Original. Right ;p!
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Noomfy-Mop wrote: »
    So I'm ONE step off getting the indecent exposure trophy...
    I need to find and steal some pauldrons but can't find ANY.
    Every time I google it just leads me to a thread on here about stealing belts.. Every dam time. No matter how I word it or what order I put those words in >:(.

Basically I'm in dagger fall and need to steal pauldrons. Anyone know where I can find some or what they might be in "sacks, backpacks, chests etc."

Cheers in advanced lads and lasses.

Try the ares around blacksmithing stations or the merchant that sells heavy armor (not the black smith).
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    I have :(
    Will keep trying though as someone else might have gotten them before me and they hadn't re spawned yet.

Of all the things I thought I'd have trouble finding a belt to steal but these pauldrons are doing my head in lol.

Thanks chaos
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    My advice find an armor mannequin for heavy armor normally that steals your chest shoulders and occasionally legs.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Will keep trying though as someone else might have gotten them before me and they hadn't re spawned yet.

Of all the things I thought I'd have trouble finding a belt to steal but these pauldrons are doing my head in lol.

Thanks chaos

I wish I could let you steal pauldrons from me. XD I'd gladly help.
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    I found some in bags, sacks try that
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Chaos0720 wrote: »

Thanks chaos

Lol cheers mate. Though I do wonder when/if they'll introduce stealing from other players. That'd be real interesting.

Thanks everyone. Will try that.. Looking on mannequins and looking in every bag and sack I see...

Oh man! This is gonna take a while ;p

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Pizzonage wrote: »
    My advice find an armor mannequin for heavy armor normally that steals your chest shoulders and occasionally legs.

There's one at the armourer in the dagger fall marketplace but it's never got pauldrons.
    It's always helmet, cuirass and boots. The cuirass, I'll add, has shoulder plates ON it. Which is kinda annoying. If the chest plate has the shoulders attached it should be included in the shoulders slot aswell but nnnoooooo!! :p
    It seems I probably gotta go a bit further a field.
    Thanks. Will try other towns mannequins.

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭

Thanks chaos

Lol cheers mate. Though I do wonder when/if they'll introduce stealing from other players. That'd be real interesting.

Thanks everyone. Will try that.. Looking on mannequins and looking in every bag and sack I see...

Oh man! This is gonna take a while ;p

While we may be the select few, I agree and would like to see this. And being able to kill people (if we wanted to) outside of towns in PVE areas. Towns would be safe havens, as the guards would be all over the person attacking you, but out in the wild.... fair game.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    It's too bad you aren't in Ebonheart. There was a mission where you had to... "deal" with some orcs, and I looted a *** ton of heavy armor. I don't know who the prevalent enemies are your for your alliance, but you might also want to check areas with missions that have a race that uses heavy armor.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    It's too bad you aren't in Ebonheart. There was a mission where you had to... "deal" with some orcs, and I looted a *** ton of heavy armor. I don't know who the prevalent enemies are your for your alliance, but you might also want to check areas with missions that have a race that uses heavy armor.

Hmmm. Alright.. Ok that's definately worth a looking into.
    Not to sure who that race is for me either lol but I'll be checking it out for sure.
    Have had a bit to do with th red rooks but all their stuff is medium at best and I don't think I can steal any of their stuff because they're the bad guys and not an actual playable race like the orcs. (As far as I know)

Honestly I've barely ventured very far from where I started (Daggerfall, Glenumbra) cause I want to do all the quests in that area before moving on. Though I keep finding more and more of them so I may never get to other areas lol.
    To be even more honest I don't even know who my alliance is *hangs head in shame*.
    I was so keen to play that I didn't really care about that part and since I've got the "any race any alliance" thing I cared even less.
    I think it's the Daggerfall covenant.. Just because they sounded cool lol ;p
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm. Alright.. Ok that's definately worth a looking into.
    Not to sure who that race is for me either lol but I'll be checking it out for sure.
    Have had a bit to do with th red rooks but all their stuff is medium at best and I don't think I can steal any of their stuff because they're the bad guys and not an actual playable race like the orcs. (As far as I know)

Honestly I've barely ventured very far from where I started (Daggerfall, Glenumbra) cause I want to do all the quests in that area before moving on. Though I keep finding more and more of them so I may never get to other areas lol.
    To be even more honest I don't even know who my alliance is *hangs head in shame*.
    I was so keen to play that I didn't really care about that part and since I've got the "any race any alliance" thing I cared even less.
    I think it's the Daggerfall covenant.. Just because they sounded cool lol ;p

There is no shame my friend. I chose Ebonheart before I even knew what Ebonheart was. I saw a dragon emblem, went ooh shiny and that's what I picked. But yeah, my best advice (and no i'm not an expert gamer), would be to let the achievements accomplish themself. Eventually you will come across what you need. If not, then grind for it lol. But yeah, I'm the same way. I like to clear an entire area before moving on.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm thinking that's the plan.
    Got all the stuff in my inventory and wasted about 45- an hour looking for the pauldrons.
    I'll prob just keep playing, not sell my stuff to a fence and keep an eye out for a steal-able set of pauldrons.
    Thanks again for all the advice.

It takes a fair while to clear the quests in an area don't it :p I keep getting carried away with it all..
    "Ok I'm nearly done this quest. I'll finish it and be done for the day".
    *3 hours, several quests and a pair of bloodshot eyes later* ;p
    Yep!!
    I have no self control what so ever lmao.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    The one I fought the hardest for on that achieve was pants.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    @Pizzonage

Really??
    That's different.
    Most of the sites I visited, including this one, said that shoulders and waist were the hardest things to find with the waist being the hardest of the 2.
    I literally found everything I needed (bar shoulders and waist) within a minute or 2 at the local market place in Daggerfall.
    Had a little trouble with the waist and upon finding it found about 10 girdles and/or belts in 5 minutes.
    Having A LOT of trouble with the shoulders. Searched ALL of Daggerfall, including the castle, several times over and nothing.
    But like I said to chaos, I got almost everything I need. I'll probably just hold onto it untill I can find a pair of pauldrons that I can steal then I'll equip it all and go and pickpocket a guard from right in front of them lol ;p

I don't think you can actually pickpocket guards but I'll get their attention somehow.. That's the easy part :D
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm thinking that's the plan.
    Got all the stuff in my inventory and wasted about 45- an hour looking for the pauldrons.
    I'll prob just keep playing, not sell my stuff to a fence and keep an eye out for a steal-able set of pauldrons.
    Thanks again for all the advice.

It takes a fair while to clear the quests in an area don't it :p I keep getting carried away with it all..
    "Ok I'm nearly done this quest. I'll finish it and be done for the day".
    *3 hours, several quests and a pair of bloodshot eyes later* ;p
    Yep!!
    I have no self control what so ever lmao.

Yeah, I definitely can relate to that. Be careful though not selling your stuff. If you get caught or killed with a backpack full of stolen items, you will lose them all.
    @Pizzonage

Really??
    That's different.
    Most of the sites I visited, including this one, said that shoulders and waist were the hardest things to find with the waist being the hardest of the 2.
    I literally found everything I needed (bar shoulders and waist) within a minute or 2 at the local market place in Daggerfall.
    Had a little trouble with the waist and upon finding it found about 10 girdles and/or belts in 5 minutes.
    Having A LOT of trouble with the shoulders. Searched ALL of Daggerfall, including the castle, several times over and nothing.
    But like I said to chaos, I got almost everything I need. I'll probably just hold onto it untill I can find a pair of pauldrons that I can steal then I'll equip it all and go and pickpocket a guard from right in front of them lol ;p

I don't think you can actually pickpocket guards but I'll get their attention somehow.. That's the easy part :D

You actually can pick pocket the guards. They really don't like it though. But I've gotten a handful of 200+ value items from them.
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    For me I went to a armor vendor stole everything but legs instantly EP mannequins must be more generous I had to do 5 or 6 cycles of looting every place in town them going to the fence them pop back up and repeat.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    @Chaos0720
    Yeah that thoughts crossed my mind.
    "If I get caught doing this I'm screwed and gotta start all over again".
    But so far so good *fingers crossed*
    I didn't know you could pickpocket guards. I was taking the p*ss. Just joking that that's how I'll get them to catch me since the trophy/achievement specifies that you need to get caught wearing stolen stuff lol.
    That'll definately be worth a try now :D

@Pizzonage
    I guess there's always something that'll give someone grief. Pants for you, shoulders for me lol.
    I wonder if I can start a new char with EP, steal some pauldrons and bank em for my other char....
    You probably can't bank stolen stuff but I might just try next time I'm on.
    Edited by Noomfy-Mop on July 5, 2015 4:59PM
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    Can't bank, trade, or gbank stolen items.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Dam it...
    Didn't think so.
    Oh well at least that'll save me a few minutes and future disappointment lol.
    I could launder it first...... But then it wouldn't be "stolen goods"..
    Dam it this game keeps outsmarting me lol :lol:
    Cheers Pizzonage. You've earned an awesome for your help :D
    Edited by Noomfy-Mop on July 5, 2015 6:41PM
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Ok I finally figured it out.

Still couldn't find ANY pauldrons BUUUT!! At the armourer in Daggerfall I found a "jack".
    Pretty much just a jerkin with some shoulder pads.
    I thought to myself "nah that'll just count as chest armor but I'm desperate so I'll try"
    Stole the jack and the notices that pop up when you pick something up came up with "hide jerkin and hide arm caps" or shoulder caps, whatever they're actually called. Point being I finally got it as well as some in game achievements.

So if your yet to do this keep an eye out for JACKS aswell. 2 birds 1 stone an all that :D

@Chaos0720
    I see what you mean about the guards not liking being pick pocketed lol..
    I thought he'd just arrest me not kill me lmao.
    Anyways got the trophy thanks for all your advice everyone.
    I hope I can return the favour someday.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!