The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Green Pact & Provisioning Question

Xepla
Xepla
✭✭
My Bosmer Nightblade is trying to figure out how to get around Green Pact restrictions for Stamina boosting food.

If I gather all ingredients from bags and barrels (not farming, cutting, or plucking anything myself), and hire a non-Bosmeri Chef to cook them. Will eating the food still be considered a violation of the Pact?

Thanks! :smile:
Those who listen at doors always wonder what is beyond them. - Mephala, the Webspinner
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xepla wrote: »
    My Bosmer Nightblade is trying to figure out how to get around Green Pact restrictions for Stamina boosting food.

If I gather all ingredients from bags and barrels (not farming, cutting, or plucking anything myself), and hire a non-Bosmeri Chef to cook them. Will eating the food still be considered a violation of the Pact?

Pretty sure the Green Pact only applies to vegetation and wood in Valenwood. Wood and vegetation found anywhere else is fine.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    A Bosmer may not damage any flora of any kind that is from Valenwood. If you leave Valenwood there are no restrictions. However, as I am sure you worked out, all animals are fine and actually in Bosmer lore you have to eat all of the meat from every animal you kill - including humans - within 3 full days of their death.

Gathering something a non-Bosmer harvested is a bit of a grey area, but cooking flora that originally grew in Valenwood, no matter where you got it from, is violation of the Green Pact. Although I don't know for sure I would guess that eating them follows the same rules as cooking them - no matter who gets it or how, if a Bosmer eats it I would imagine they violate the Green Pact. Once again for clarification - any type of animal is fine, harvest all you like.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    SedoUmbra wrote: »
    A Bosmer may not damage any flora of any kind that is from Valenwood. If you leave Valenwood there are no restrictions on the flora (this does not mean you can get a non-Bosmer to gather from Valenwood and then bring them to you). However, as I am sure you worked out, all animals are fine and actually in Bosmeri lore you have to eat all of the meat from every animal you kill - including humans - within 3 full days of their death.

Gathering something a non-Bosmer harvested is a bit of a grey area, but cooking flora that originally grew in Valenwood, no matter where you got it from, is violation of the Green Pact. Although I don't know for sure I would guess that eating them follows the same rules as cooking them - no matter who gets it or how, if a Bosmer eats it I would imagine they violate the Green Pact. Once again for clarification - any type of animal is fine, harvest all you like.

• Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭

If you are true Bosmer born in Valenwood I have bad news for you. By GP you should be strictly carnivorous so no any fruits or vegetables in the food.
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭

If you are true Bosmer born in Valenwood I have bad news for you. By GP you should be strictly carnivorous so no any fruits or vegetables in the food.

You're allowed to eat flora outside of Valenwood. That's why they import fruit and vegetables. They are required to eat all meat from everything they kill, including humanoids.