Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages guild quest not advancing

MikeTheGrevt
MikeTheGrevt
Soul Shriven
I'm a veteran rank 2 and I recently got my mages guild to rank 5 and I can't get the last quest, Ive spoken to valaste and she says that she's translated the final book but it won't let me continue with a quest or anything, any help if greatly appreciated
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    you need to get a quest from an npc that spawns outside the first magesguild you visit. If playing on the console it might happen that npc's are invisable (see the known issues thread for consoles). But cause the npc spawned, it will stay there. My advice is to look for a questmarker at the entrance of the first mages guild you visited after reaching rank 5. Once found stay there and log off and on till she shows her face (think it is a female npc).
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • MikeTheGrevt
    MikeTheGrevt
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks hopefully it works cause I just want the master wizard tittle
  • Sabrem82
    Sabrem82
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this same issue. Vet 1 and mage guild 6. I keep traveling to all the mage guilds and talking to valaste and nothing happens.
    Edited by Sabrem82 on July 6, 2015 12:03AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK did I tag you in this issue already? I can't remember :stuck_out_tongue: There seems to be a game-breaking issue with progression through the Guild quests, and not just for this Mages Guild quest, but all Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quests. Could you please investigate and see if it is related to the Invisible NPCs issue, or if it's something else? Since Valaste is not giving the quest directly, I'm inclined to think it's something else.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with not being able to talk to anyone to get the last quest. I am VR2 and finally reached Mage Guild lvl5 in Deshaan yesterday. I have travelled to pretty much every Mage guild in the zone I've played but still no Valaste or Shalidor seems to be there or to greet me at any way shrine. If it was a case of invisible NPCs wouldn't you still be able to hear them at the very least? I am very frustrated as I would like to finally get the master wizard title but this quest seems really bugged for me. When I tried to contact support all they told me was to power cycle my PS4 which seems to have had no effect. Any help appreciated.
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a second character in the same faction and ran round doing a few quests, when I relogged to my main and went to the starter area mages quild Shalidor was waiting there with the prompt to start the quest.
    Hope this fixes the issue for you guys as it did mine.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • MikeTheGrevt
    MikeTheGrevt
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the suggestion Daza but unfortunately it didn't work for me :neutral:
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try going to the mages guild in the last zone (for AD its the mages guild in Rawl).
    I remember something about taking a portal from there to the Mages guild island.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer