Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to Find Rare Style Motifs, ie. Barbaric, Primal, etc.?

Blackninja024
Blackninja024
Soul Shriven
Hey, so I hear it was possible to get the rare Crown Store motifs such as Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Daedric, and Primal in game. Is this true? If so, are there certain places that are better for looking for these motifs?

In addition, how much do these books usually sell for through in-game guilds? Lastly, if trading is allowed through forums, would anyone be willing to trade/sell me these styles?
  • The_Conquerer
    The_Conquerer
    ✭✭✭
    ive seen barbaric go from 60k-250k
    Imperial about 200k+
    havent seen daedric yet
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    Trading isn't allowed through forums they typically lock trade posts.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    it can be found in non-food containers (trunks/urns/backpacks/wardrobes/etc) buut rather rare and it seems then only in VR zones (or may be in nonVR probability is too small) all puprle books i've found were in VR zones (e.g. I've found 2-3 barbaric books in bank in Glenumbra in VR1 zone).
    Edited by Stannum on July 3, 2015 8:36PM
  • Blackninja024
    Blackninja024
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone for the helpful posts! I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm a bit higher and grind out for them myself. Or maybe once I make the big bucks I'll be able to buy them from my guildies. Thanks again though!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was much easier to get the motifs pre-Justice system when you could simply loot bank chests/drawers/desks/cabinets log out to reset the loot and loot again. At least 1-2 motifs per hour of looting ... now more tricky that it's "stealing" but still doable.

The rate motifs appear to be only loot able in the appropriate V zones though.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaric and Primal can be found in Cadwell's Silver zones and Ancient Elf and Daedric can be found in Cadwell's Gold zones. Harder to find than the blue motifs but checking every container you should eventually find them.

As for Imperial I only found it once in game in a Vet zone bank but supposedly it can appear in any zone it is just very hard to find.
    Edited by Curragraigue on July 3, 2015 9:57PM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs