Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How leveling works

Thabigster
Ok I still haven't quite figured out the leveling concept, I understand that like with wood working and crafting, the more you craft the more you grow your level but what about things such as the fighters guild or even daedric summoning, I mean in skyrim, you could grow your level simply by summoning your creatures, I wonder if now it relies on how much damage they do to the enemy?

Does anyone have any resource or page that can answer these questions?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way is to check the description in the bar. It is clear ingame if you read it and outside sources just repeat what it says there,

But for most skillines it is this:

1: equip a skill from this line and have it on your active bar when gaining xp. The xp gained also goes to the bar of that skilline. With active bar I mean that its not ok to have you weapon swapped to the other bar. So it is enough to have the daedric summon skill on the bar, you dont even have to summon it (although it is better to make use of it for practical purposes once you got it there)

2: for weapon skillines, it also counts if you have a weapon of that type equipped.

3: for armor, as there are no active skills, it is enough to have armor equipped. to let the xp you gain count for that skillline.

4: crafting skills work different cause you need to craft, deconstruct or do daily writs.

5: fighters guild is levelled by killing undead (daedra, aedra and other undead). skills from that line active doesnt do a single thing.

6: mages guild is levelled by reading lorebooks (the glow in the dark ones that are littered all over the place). skills from that line active doesnt do a single things
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU