Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Village of the Lost: Holes in the World

nexmilitis
PSA

Did this quest last night. When I picked it up, it doesn't actually say that it's a group quest, but bleeping R2D2 it needs to be set as a 3 person group quest. Fortunately, I waited until I saw someone else attempting it and grouped with them, but this is NOT a solo quest. We managed to do it with just the two of us, but having a third person there would have made the entire quest a whole lot easier to do.

Yes I am certain that there are people who could solo it, in fact I managed to get the first portal boss down to 2% before dying. Still, this quest should have a recommended 3 person group icon or something.
This is where an image would be if I were allowed to have an image in my signature...
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a public dungeon what did you expect?
  • nexmilitis
    sadownik wrote: »
    Its a public dungeon what did you expect?

Considering that the public dungeons I had attempted to that point were soloable...I dunno soloable?

This is where an image would be if I were allowed to have an image in my signature...
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt wether or not you really soloed them at the recommended level.

Public dungeons can be soloed when you are above the recommended level. But otherwise it is pretty hard. Cause they are public you likely where just following the crowd around or skipping the bosses at all cause they where just killed.

But public dungeons are not designed to be soloable. Either wait for one or two people to tag along with, look for a group to do them, or wait till you are higher level (e.g. veteran rank 1 or 2) to do it solo.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    I encountered this as well.

The quest shows up as green for me so I thought it would be easy. Getting through the big groups of baddies was challenging but the ghosts by the light were beyond my v1 abilities.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to finish this one. I have the 3 portals closed, but I need to finish all the bosses. I have 2 or 3 done. Got to that Harvester and died 50billion times so I left lol. I did the one in Auridon last night so I suppose tonight I will go back and try to finish that terrible one. Part of what I don't like is the layout. Ridiculous.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo'ed all public dungeons at the 3-4man group lvl, but thats was because my build allowed me to.
    Same as I solo'ed the first Gold public dungeon at V6.

Most of them just need you to tackle the mob groups in a smarter way, make use of your ulti's properly etc... it's no Maestrolm.

That being said, it's normal to find them hard when walking in them at the level they are designed for. Public dungeons are all supposed to be for public 'non-grouped' groups. If until now you managed doing them easily, kudos to you, you probably had a more approriate setup for them than you have now for this one - I'm sure with a bit of tinkering you'd pull it off fine too (FG passives are a must but you should have them since you're in Coldharbour - i hope)

The point however remains, it's supposed to give you incentive to group with the first person that comes along because it'll make it that much easier, and in that, it has succeeded brillantly. :)