Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could you help an angry ginger?

AnAngryGinger
AnAngryGinger
✭✭✭
So I'm not having fun at all with my main. Rolled a Templar and he doesn't do so all so well in battle and even his heals are trash. I would reroll but the issue is I still need him for crafting because I fed him all our motifs. So I want to try and save him. So PC players tell a noob console player if he's saveable or will he be crafting only. As of level 32:

Health - 7224 Recovery - 220 Spell Damage - 702 Weapon Damage - 861
Magicka - 7428 Recovery - 365 Spell Critical - 10% Weapon Critical - 19%
Stamina - 8053 Recovery - 452 Spell Resistance - 4547 Physical Resistance - 5077

Aedric Spear (30) - (Skill Bar) Puncturing Sweep 1, Spear Shards 1 (Passives) Piercing Spear 2/2, Spear Wall 2/2, Burning Light 1/2

Dawn's Wrath (40) - (Skill Bar) Nova 4, Eclipse 1 (Passives) 1/2 Restoring Spirit

Restoring Light (31) - (Skill Bar) Breath of Life 4 (Passives) Mending 2/2

Two-Handed (40) - (Skill Bar) Brawler 1, Critical Rush 4, (Passives) Forceful 2/2, Heavy Weapons 2/2, Balanced Blade 2/2

Medium Armor (42) - Dexterity 3/3, Wind Walker 2/2, Agility 1/2, Athletics 1/2

Bought all Fighters Guild skills for undead/daedra.

Is he fixable? Any help is appreciated.

Xuth!
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    You can always reset all your skill points and attributes and redistribute them any way you want.

http://gamocialgaming.com/general/elder-scrolls-online-eso-how-to-reset-skill-points-to-respec/
    "I see", said the blind man
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Already did. I guess what I'm asking is build advice for a Templar
    Xuth!
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
    Xuth!
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Ok are there any good builds without Vampirism? lol
    Xuth!
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    The builds are still very much viable without the vampirism. Also, also always take any builds with a grain of salt. Use them as general pointers to develop the build that works best for you. Min-max-ing can't take into account player skill and preferences. While a certain build could have a higher DPS or heal potential, you could adapt and fare far beter to another one that, hypoteticaly, has far less potential.
    And if you keep questing/farming, you won't run out of gold to afford reseting your skills and attributes. So don't be afraid to experiment.
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already did. I guess what I'm asking is build advice for a Templar

Easy Mode

Inner Light
    Reflective Light (up to 3 mobs with the Morph)
    Puncturing Jabs (sweep? its the morph that heals you)

And, well, that's all you need to be successful as a Templar really. I can take down world bosses solo with just those skills.

However, Purifying Light is great to use on Boss Battles. The shield is pretty good too, but I rarely use it. I used the Javelin skill for a while, but found that it is not that useful for my play-style.

Weave in Light or Heavy attacks from a Staff and your good to go.

You do want one of your healing skills on the bar to level that skill so you can get Breath of Life and Repentance for heals.

Also, it looks like your trying to go Hybrid with a balance of your Attributes. Instead, go all Magic, Attributes, Glyphs and Equipment. Choose the Magic based Morphs. Use Spell Cost Reduction Jewelery unless you can get Warlock or Syrbane, then use those rings/necklace (Syrbane is just the Bands). Use a 5 piece set of Seducer for cost reduction and regen. Maybe a 3 piece of Torug's or something else that buffs spell or weapon damage (Ashen Grip would be nice too)

When you go all magic, you will find a much different experience with your templar. The mobs will die so fast, they won't have time to damage you. Sure, you can run a Stamina Templar, but I tried that and could not make it work for me.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"