Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best 2H class

Lemasters2413
Lemasters2413
Soul Shriven
So I'm having a little bit of a hard time with the build and I have a character that I just started but not sure if I made the right choice on class. Which of the dragon knight and Templar should I choose to be the best 2H dps? I mean I have my Templar set up at the moment with the spear throw, soul trap, charge, heal, and upercut, and of course the ultimate spear move. I mean I can do the job with what I have but I just want to know if I chose the right class to begin with. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Best Answers

• walkman461
    walkman461
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not quite the pro in ESO, but in my understanding the difference between a DK and a templar is that the DK uses Stamina and the Templar uses Magicka. So I don't think it really matters which class you should take. The choises that matter are your skills along the road! (But idk, if I were to make a 2 handed warrior, I'd go for a Norn DK, as norns have the 2H racial passive and I liked playing 2H with a DK).
    Answer ✓
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    2H weapon stamina dps Templars are also viable if you are not going to use a lot of Templar abilities
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably nightblades or Templars, with dragon knights not far behind.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Answer ✓
  • Lemasters2413
    Lemasters2413
    Soul Shriven
    Right now mine is a Nord Templar. My abilities are as follows: Spear throw (that knocks down enemies), Soul trap, Charge, The healing spell, Uppercut, and the ultimate spear where it swings the spear all around you. Is that a good build?