Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to MMOs and group dynamic

WickedxSmile
WickedxSmile
Soul Shriven
I am a long time gamer that very much enjoys adventure games but I have never played an MMO before ESO. I'm doing well as a solo player and enjoying the game but I'm wanting to try the group experience but I have no idea how to go about that. At the moment I have 3 low level characters and would like to learn how to use them in a group setting but not to be yelled at for not knowing what I'm doing wrong. I am playing on xbox one if you would like to help me or give me pointers tag is goblinking959 if not ill be going by comments here.
Xbox 1 NA GT: goblinking959
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to start with, what specific issues are you having? We need to narrow your problems down to individual questions. There's a whole boatload of things we could talk about when it comes to multiplayer interaction. :)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on Xbox One, but what kind of help do you need? :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a long time gamer that very much enjoys adventure games but I have never played an MMO before ESO. I'm doing well as a solo player and enjoying the game but I'm wanting to try the group experience but I have no idea how to go about that. At the moment I have 3 low level characters and would like to learn how to use them in a group setting but not to be yelled at for not knowing what I'm doing wrong. I am playing on xbox one if you would like to help me or give me pointers tag is goblinking959 if not ill be going by comments here.

I'm pretty new to the whole thing myself and I am pretty low level as well so if you want to add me have at it! Banky71
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • WickedxSmile
    WickedxSmile
    Soul Shriven
    I'm mostly a solo player and none of my friends and no one I know owns the game. So I'm pretty much starting from scratch when it comes to having another player with me I normally just tend to do my own thing. I dont even play very many FPS games online for the multiplayer aspect .
  • WickedxSmile
    WickedxSmile
    Soul Shriven
    @banky71 thanks will do next time im on
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    @banky71 thanks will do next time im on

Sweet my first friend! thanks @WickedxSmile

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • ZOS_Markus
    ZOS_Markus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We moved this thread to the "Players helping Players" section.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're concerned about other players not accepting your playstyle your best bet is to get into a guild specifically organized to help solo and beginning players group for different things. This way you're guaranteed to be with other like minded players where you're all learning together.

Head into the subforum for Guild recruiting on your console and server and take a look through the many guilds recruiting fresh console players. Just reach out to one or two and you should have np grouping to do the lowbie stuff like non-vet dungeons, WBs, dolmens and even quests.
    Edited by Cuyler on July 2, 2015 8:25PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • WickedxSmile
    WickedxSmile
    Soul Shriven
    And how would I go about finding a guild like that
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how would I go about finding a guild like that

Are you NA or EU server on XB1?
    Edited by Cuyler on July 2, 2015 8:26PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • WickedxSmile
    WickedxSmile
    Soul Shriven
    NA
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Here how grouping in this game works.

The group works on the old trinity scheme.TANK, HEALER,DPS.

The Tank role is keeping the most dangerous enemy taunted and away from the healer and the DPS. He is also required to control the behavior of some bosses. Such as making some boss attack in some direction or put AOES in some location. Tanks must be resistant so they can take the punishment from bosses. The tank also uses crowd controls and snares on trash mobs to make the job easier on the dps and healer. There are some rare fights where these things are not very easy for the tank to do. In this case the tank can go a bit more offensive or offer group damage mitigation such as casting group shields and other buffs.

Most important:In order to be a tank you must have a taunt skill otherwise you are not a tank. There are 2 taunts in the game Puncture from Sword and shield and Inner beast from undaunted .They will make a target attack you for a time and they will also help your team do more damage. In ESO there is an overtaunt mechanic. You should not spam a taunt skill on a target otherwise it will become immune. Taunt with care.

The Healer
    . The role of the healer is to help the dps and tank stay alive. You do that with Heal Over time skills which help a lot by giving the dps a many options and time to use their own survival heals.(Yes I do not think that a healer not having rapid regen up 100% is a good healer no matter how good the BOL spamage). You also have emergency heal skills that you use when things are bad. Templars have a huge advantage at this role.

The healer must also do a fair amount of damage when things go well. They should however not over do it in order to have resources for healing.

The DPS. The DPS is the damage primary damage dealer. It is usually the most frustrating role in this game and in my opinion the one that is most at fault for failures. It is really the DPS's fault and I am a primarily a DPS.
    The DPS has to be able to do two thing . Kill trash mobs fast with AOE and kill priority targets and Bosses with single target skills. They should know what the priority targets are and be able to switch between single target and AOE efficiently. You can't do really both those things well with the same skills. Most player will have one bar for single target and one bar for AOE.
    Bad DPS will usually only have a single target set up
    So-DPS
    -Kill Healer
    Kill Bowman
    -kill hard hitting melee
    -kill anything that goes after the healer.
    -kill boss
    -If you can do all those things at the same time.

It i important to note that the DPS is not the only damage dealer and good Healers and tanks will also have decent damage just like some dps will throw in a heal or two. Damage from everyone is required on later content. However you should always focus most on the role you volunteered at the begging.

Edited by PBpsy on July 2, 2015 8:52PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • WickedxSmile
    WickedxSmile
    Soul Shriven
    Well that helps to figure out where I would fit in once I do find a group to play with defiantly go DPS but might try tank at some point. thanks for that
  • darthsage
    darthsage
    ✭✭
    Hey @WickedxSmile and @Banky71 If you guys are looking to group up hit me up GT: Darthsage. I'm a lvl 13 DK in EbonHart. I have some experience with MMOs but I am not a pro.
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    darthsage wrote: »
    Hey @WickedxSmile and @Banky71 If you guys are looking to group up hit me up GT: Darthsage. I'm a lvl 13 DK in EbonHart. I have some experience with MMOs but I am not a pro.

Will do @darthsage I'll add after the holiday! I'm a holiday kinda guy.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand the mentality of "Hy ima play this here mmo with thousands of people but do it all solo like a 1 player game!"

Get out there, use the voice chat system and meet people! Ask for help in game. If you see peeps doing the same quest as you ask if they wanna group up! Trust me when i say games like these are ment to be played with others.

As far as actual group dynamics go, just be aware. Know our clas and be considerate of others. Your in a group, not soloing. Do not rush ahead or loot while in combat. Those are the two rudest things you can do imo.

Everyone starts to learn at some point. My advice is to start as early as possible. Hope this helps!
  • darthsage
    darthsage
    ✭✭
    Banky71 wrote: »
    darthsage wrote: »

Will do @darthsage I'll add after the holiday! I'm a holiday kinda guy.

lol ok sounds good! I feel the same way @Reeko