Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pets That Fight?

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
Are there any pets that fight along side you? I was hoping that Razak's Opus would but unfortunately it does not. Kinda makes them pointless.

Best Answers

• walkman461
    walkman461
    Soul Shriven
    If pets should be able to fight, then really ALL pets should be able to fight, and I don't really see my mudcrab deal mad damage to the NPC's I encounter. I don't really think there's a plan on making them fight though.
    Answer ✓
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    All crown store pets are cosmetic only and will not fight. And they should stay that way.

If you want to have pets fight with you, create a sorcerer and invest skill points in Daedric Summoning.
    "I see", said the blind man
    Answer ✓
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn I saw someone with the Dwarven sphere pet and it was fighting with him.
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    I can asure you it wasn't. It may have seem that way since the dwemer sphere sometimes takes a battle stance and rolls around you. It must have happened when the person you saw was fighting and gave you that impression.
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    The sorcerer can summon two pets via their abilities. The clannfear makes for an interesting taking pet and the twilight matriarch does a nice job of emergency healing. They allow for a nice solo PvE option for certain content.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    I could have sworn I saw someone with the Dwarven sphere pet and it was fighting with him.

The Engine Guardian undaunted set procs a dwemer sphere. Maybe that's what you saw
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche