The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some pics and video of the new Frost Mare mount

Dulfy
Dulfy
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, with the release of the Frost Mare mount today in the crown store for 3000 gems, I thought some of you might be interested to see it ingame before purchasing. We have added some ingame pics of the mount with various riding modifications and a video ingame to show the frosty effects.

http://eso-fashion.com/frost-mare/

Enjoy!
Dulfy.net - MMO guides & blog
Skyshards & Lorebooks guide | ESO-fashion - armor gallery | Quests guide
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would be semi translucent....
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Kharnamatic
    Kharnamatic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking one for the team and buying one to showcase.

Hopefully your sacrifice will mean that many other people avoid this mount. For 3000 crowns this horse is extremely visually unimpressive and looks more like stone rather than ice. An ice mount should have all sorts of crazy refractive and particle effects, and it should make the sound of ice crackling. WoW cash shop mounts, even on their moribund engine, look better than this, with more polys, texture work, unique model, animations and effects. This frost mare is just a lazy horse reskin.

Compare the fey dragon mount with this. Note that the fey dragon mount also dynamically morphs color ingame for something completely unique. It is a joke when a WoW mount released years ago has more polys and details than a newly released and more expensive ESO mount, in a game series (Elder Scrolls) that is all about pushing graphical boundaries.

Enchanted-Fey-Dragon-blue.jpg

vs

Frost-Mare-Side.jpg

I mean, if this mount was supposed to make me want to stop playing ESO and play WOW instead, it sure as hell worked. It made me realize that ESO did not even look visually better than WoW of all games, and that was the main thing going for it.
    Edited by Kharnamatic on July 2, 2015 6:50PM