Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gaining Veteran Rank

Boltonsquad
Boltonsquad
✭✭
From what i've read some questline needs to be completed to be able to gain veteran rank at 50, I have completed the harborage as far as I can only the level 50 quest remains, is there any other questlines I need to complete as I have mainly grinded to level.

Thanks
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience...you just roll over from 49 to VR1 just like any other level...I did it about halfway through Coldharbour. I believe you may be thinking of Cadwell's Silver which will start once you finish Coldharbour and the last main quest for the Prophet. Once you start Cadwell's Silver you'll go to the first of the veteran rank zones.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    In my experience...you just roll over from 49 to VR1 just like any other level...I did it about halfway through Coldharbour. I believe you may be thinking of Cadwell's Silver which will start once you finish Coldharbour and the last main quest for the Prophet. Once you start Cadwell's Silver you'll go to the first of the veteran rank zones.

Ah kool, I'm currently 48 and just grinding out the last levels not really a big fan of questing personally, I shall see what happens once I reach 50 then :)
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR do not start until you complete the main story and your get a quest from cadwell that let's you explore an alternative time line in another Pact

I started in ebon heart and my VR quest began with me as a Daggerfall ...

• Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    VR do not start until you complete the main story and your get a quest from cadwell that let's you explore an alternative time line in another Pact

I started in ebon heart and my VR quest began with me as a Daggerfall ...

Yeah just finished it I also got sent to Daggerfall :)
  • sirhellraiser
    Question If i finish the story at lvl 25 do i automatcally go to vr 50?
  • Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭

You can't finish it at 25 because you need to be 50 to be able to do the final quest
  • sirhellraiser
    ok thanks what i thought when i was reading but was not sure
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't finish it at 25 because you need to be 50 to be able to do the final quest

Not true. (exactly)

The solo quests (main story) now scale to your level. BUUUT the main story line only ques a quest every 5 levels. WHat this means is your first main story quest is available at level 5, then 10, 15, 20 , 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45.

So if your level 25 you'll only be able to complete the main story up to that lvl 25 quest, then you'll need to wait to lvl 30 to get your next quest.

Finally, you could wait until you v1 and then go back to all the main story at v1 because it scales to your level. I did it this way on my last 3 alts for a bit of a challenge. Or once you reach lvl 45 you could go immediately to finish the lvl 45 quest and move to the vet zones at lvl 45, your choice.

Happy Hunting! >:)
    Edited by Cuyler on July 2, 2015 8:37PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]