Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

whats after Reapers March and the Aldmeri dominion storyline?

sheogorak
sheogorak
Hello everyone. just a quick quest about whether you can go explore other factions lands for main quests and side quests before you get to vr1. I am in Reapers march right now and I think this is the last area for the aldmeri dominion so just wondering what there is after completing Reapers march. thanks for any answers!
  • GassyGnoll
    GassyGnoll
    Soul Shriven
    Coldharbor.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour is correct. After you finished the final quest in the Dominion storyline in Reaper's March, Queen Ayrenn should have given you the quest Messages Across Tamriel. This leads you to Coldharbour and the final stage of the Alliance Story. Once you have finished the storyline in Coldharbour and Chapter 6 of the Main Quest, then you can go to another alliance's territory (which will be Ebonheart Pact for you as an AD player).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • sheogorak
    sheogorak
    awesome! thank you very much for the answers!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know CH is the final "battle" dealing with the MQ (I'm also in AD), but I'm sort of lost on the whole "after that" part.

I was under the assumption this is an open world game, giving us most of Tamriel to explore. I was hoping I'd go to Cyrodiil (non PvP), on my way to the Rift. Is this not possible?

I don't mind doing the other MQs, but I'd rather explore than fight my way through 8 more sets of "quests".

This will be disappointing if I can't just go where I want after the MQ is over. :(
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Violynne Once the Main Quest is over, you are given Cadwell's Silver, which, as an AD player, allows you to go to the EP zones. Once you complete Silver (by running through the EP Storyline), you are then given Cadwell's Gold and are able to go to the DC zones. Cyrodiil is only a PvP zone, and you can't use Cyrodiil to walk to the other territories; only Cadwell enables you to do that.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 7, 2015 8:44AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww. That's a freaking bummer. Not to sound ungrateful, but the promos for this game seem to be a bit misleading when it says "Explore the world of Tamriel". How in the world can anyone "explore" this game if it's not even connected?

I suppose I will have to figure out how to do this whole PvP thing if I want to see Cyrodiil.

I'm not fond of PvP. Never have been. Never will be. It's why I play solo 99% of the time.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Awwww. That's a freaking bummer. Not to sound ungrateful, but the promos for this game seem to be a bit misleading when it says "Explore the world of Tamriel". How in the world can anyone "explore" this game if it's not even connected?

I suppose I will have to figure out how to do this whole PvP thing if I want to see Cyrodiil.

I'm not fond of PvP. Never have been. Never will be. It's why I play solo 99% of the time.
    It's quite possible to stay away from the PvP parts of Cyrodiil and focus on the PvE stuff there; the whole zone is PvP-enabled (except the safe areas), but there are repeatable quests, dungeons, and other things to do that mostly take place away from the PvP objectives. Just know that you could at any point be attacked by another player.
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Hi
    Im a little confused, as I seem to have been lead into the rift area (Im :Aldmeri_Dominion pact), rather than coldharbour. Is there a reason for this?
    thanks
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    Im a little confused, as I seem to have been lead into the rift area (Im :Aldmeri_Dominion pact), rather than coldharbour. Is there a reason for this?
    thanks
    The Rift is Ebonheart Pact Zone 5. As an Aldmeri Dominion player (don't mix Dominion and Pact ;) ), there's no way you can be led there from Reaper's March. For AD, The Rift is VR5. You will go
    >> Reaper's March > Coldharbour > Stonefalls (Bleakrock, Bal Foyen) > Deshaan > Shadowfen > Eastmarch > The Rift >>