Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Why on earth did my Imperial Iron Armor just turn green?

freddiebox
freddiebox
✭✭
When I first started playing I made my first set of imperial style armor, wich turned out to be red like it should. Later I decided to grab some better armor ratings from a store which was the same store I got the first set from, and both were your default iron armor. I converted it to imperial style, and out of the blue it is all in a very ugly green color. What is this supposed to mean? I feel very dicouraged walking around in this outfit.

0410112.jpg
Edited by freddiebox on July 1, 2015 9:18PM

Best Answer

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You mentioned that both set of armor were made of iron, but where they both the same tier of iron armor (i.e., white, green, blue, purple, gold)? Each tier will change the default color of the armor (now always for the better).

Don't forget that you can always dye your armor to something you like better :)
    Answer ✓
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    You mentioned that both set of armor were made of iron, but where they both the same tier of iron armor (i.e., white, green, blue, purple, gold)? Each tier will change the default color of the armor (now always for the better).

Don't forget that you can always dye your armor to something you like better :)
    Really? I did not know tiers force color changes upon your armor, I wanted the regular red imperial style on it. I mean, I have never seen imperial soldiers walking around in dark green armor. Is there really no way to get the color back other than forcing color changes at a dye station?
    Edited by freddiebox on July 1, 2015 9:39PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I know of :(

The default color schemes do change as you move up through the different crafting material levels, so you might end up with something you like better later on.

Your best bet is probably to just visit a dye station...Making changes is free, but because the dyes you have are based on achievements, you might not have a lot of options when you are just starting out.
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Not that I know of :(

The default color schemes do change as you move up through the different crafting material levels, so you might end up with something you like better later on.

Your best bet is probably to just visit a dye station...Making changes is free, but because the dyes you have are based on achievements, you might not have a lot of options when you are just starting out.
    Quite right, I got very few options. I have not been focusing alot on crafting for the moment but I should in the future. At least it got decent armor ratings, even though it is ugly as a sin. Thanks for informing me about the tiers. :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    it rusted !
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend