Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

coldharbor sentinel unable to advance forward

meesterjones
I'm trying to move beyond the first area but the sentinel doesn't show up for me. I've seen others with the same problem but not on the Xbox one. Is it a "phasing problem" or is it user error? I've looked at youtu e videos but I have yet to see the blue eyeball. I see people kneel before where the eyeball should be but I've not yet seen it. I've power cycled. I've "unstuck" myself. I've logged and logged again. Not sure bit there's got to be more to eso than the soul shriven area.

Best Answer

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. So whatever I did. Um . . . don't . . . um . . . do that.
    Here's the response:

Greetings,

My name is Steven with The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

At this time it does look like this quest is broken for your character.

Please delete the character and restart.

Regards,

Steven
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Oh Jeeze...well at least there was an answer :/

Anyhow yeah, level 6-8 is nothing in the grand scheme of things. You'll be better off just creating another which is probably why the CS recommended it. The last thing you want is a bugged character progressing farther and then breaking.

You'll be back to lvl 8 in no time when you have more than just soul-shriven to fight ;)
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Answer ✓
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh so long ago I can't remember.....anyhow i'm assuming your referring to the tutorial area in coldharbor?
  • meesterjones
    Yes, The tutorial area. Laris is gone, but even when she was with me there were no blue eyeballs on either hilltop. I'm now level 6 from just killing the little guys in the starting area that resapwn over and over. I know there's somethning happening at the top if the hills, but I can't see what it is. Invisible blue eyeballs perhaps?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you find the ramps to get up to the platforms? I believe there are two ramps which you fight some npcs at the top.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the quest marker saying to defeat the sentinel?

Is lyris there? does she have anything to say?
  • meesterjones
    Yeah I walk through the giant circles then passed the forge or turning wheel then up the hill, then I see a black altar and then . . . nothing else. I see people swing their weapons at nothing and then leave. Sometimes the player characters kneel. Lyris also disappeared at some point but even when she was tagging along there were no blue eyeballs or NPCs to kill at the top of the hill. Just a lonely, empty altar in a ring of blue-ish cages.

My quest log says, or rather, shows no quest markers, but when I get close to the altar I can see the quest marker and it has "Sentinel(below)" just like that in parentheses. Like there should be something below. Then when I try to go below it's just more draemora soldiers and clanfear, feral soul shriven and boxes and whatnot.
    I believe there should be an instance created for me where I go through the circles and then at the top of the hill there will be a sentinel just for me . . .right?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, with the few quests that have glitched, abandoning them and re-acquiring them has sorted the problem out. This if a relog has not sorted it.

Now, I know you said you rebooted your Console, but did you do a full power down, wait 30 seconds, then power it back up again? Basically, I just unplug mine to clear the cache.

I am not sure if you can abandon a quest in the tutorial, but try that if you can. If you can abandon it, then go back to the beginning where you first saw Lyris and you should be able to start it back up again. You may have to relog to reset everything in this case.

Try this, start a new character, take them through the tutorial, make sure it works for them. If it does, there is a repair option on the PC that I would try next, not sure if that is on the consoles or not.

In the meantime, send Customer Service a message in the game about the problems you are having, they may be able to fix the issue, but it will take them some time. So, it's a good time to start your alt character anyway.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• meesterjones
    Ok. Now I know what it is supposed to look like. But rather than start that character over I'd like to have it corrected. It says the quest I'm on is "Find the prophet's cell (Below)". But I have nowhere to go and I still haven't seen the blue eyeball. I mean I got to see it as my new orc character but still not as my original character. So here's the process. Escape the prsion. Kill the guards. Kill the boss guard get outside. Then go to the circles (which have quest markers on them-- never saw that before.) Then go to the top of the hill and kill the eyeball in sneak mode. Then go to gate that has a blue ward. Never saw that either. Then talk to Cadwell. then into the undercroft. None of which I have been able to do with my original character.

Do I just start over and delete that character?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    It is up to you...You can fill out a customer support ticket and wait for a response or you can delete the character and start over. If you feel you have a lot invested in your current character (e.g., time spent in character creation would be the biggest factor for me personally) and don't mind waiting for a response, I'd put in a ticket. If you don't care about redoing the character and just want to play fast, I'd delete and start over.

Either way, I'd put in a bug report so that the devs know what happened to you.
  • meesterjones
    So is 6 or 8 hours of playtime worth restarting or is it not much in the grand scheme?

Are we likely to get responses back from the help tickets or is that a black hole right now until things settle down?

I have all level appropriate equipment for my level 6 character. Is it going to be hard to gather more loot for a new character if I go straight through the tutorial area without smelling the roses or am I going to find that challenging? It has been very easy so far in the starting area. . .

I worked really hard on sculpting his face and I hate to lose that time I played before. Sentimental about a game character . . . sheesh . . .
  • meesterjones
    Okay. So whatever I did. Um . . . don't . . . um . . . do that.
    Here's the response:

Greetings,

My name is Steven with The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

At this time it does look like this quest is broken for your character.

Please delete the character and restart.

Regards,

Steven
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team