The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 7/2"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "ESO Live's Next Episode: 7/2."

Our next episode of our biweekly Twitch stream will air tomorrow!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question (although I think the chance of us getting an answer is close to zero).

tommorow we will maybe perhaps get an update on the next update, but when will we hear more exact information? I am currently bored to death and checking if there is some information every day. It would certainly help out if I knew when to look out, as currently it just leads to dissapointment daily and more frustration.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
    -Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobe---Yes, this is the most important. :|
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting link. I know how to find the article, but that link does not take me there.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey

Heya Jason,
    You've got a broken link there man. ;)
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to Nirnhoned, I don't believe it unbalanced. In my opinion the imbalance is in the armor motivations. Light armor is 1/4 the mitigation of heavy while medium is 3/4. Stamina users get a huge base for nirn to work off because they have so much armor. Light armor users honestly don't really benefit from Nirnhoned if using 5 pieces or more of light armor ( I have 5 light 1 heavy 1 medium, 6 nirn and nirn staves and get get measly 22k).

What do you think of reducing medium armor mitigation to 55% and bringing light to 35%. Leave heavy as is so tanks benefit the most, medium won't be able to easily hit the cap, and light can make some use of the trait
    Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to Wrobel, also will we have some official info on new content Soon(TM)?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some insight into the update/new content process?

I'm not talking about giving us a date, I'm talking about just the overall process. The forums are flooded with players who do not know the process and post rather negative posts because they are not aware of the entire process. They think it is click on button and they should get new content. Any insight into the process would be awesome.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @GTech_1. The link has been fixed!

:s
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no time given to addressing a recent high profile change in leadership? One that was only picked up because users did a little research themselves?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please consider removing the cooldown on heals from the Sorcerer spell "Surge" and its morphs? The introduction of this cooldown with the 1.6 update has crippled the aggressive, on-target playstyle of many Sorcs including this one, particularly in intense AOE situations.

If the Surge cooldown can't be removed immediately, could you at least explain WHY the cooldown exists? Maybe if we had more information, Sorcs and devs could work together toward a solution that makes everyone happy! If Surge was restored to its previous effectiveness as a self-heal, I'm sure you would hear much less griping about shield stacking and "togglemancers".

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @GTech_1. The link has been fixed!

:s

@ZOS_JasonLeavey

Haha, no problem Jason. :D

Glad to help,
    ~GTech_1
  • lucian_banneb18_ESO
    Last year's tri-faction Arena showcase was amazing and looked exceptionally balanced (& functional).
    When will you implement it in the game?
    I think the game needs this kind of quick-to-get-into PvP aspect in order to cater to competitive players as well as to those with little time available to play.
    Also some Dueling options would be great! At least some dueling instances/areas - two get in, only one gets out! :)
    Edited by lucian_banneb18_ESO on July 2, 2015 8:13AM
  • mr_runaway_666b16_ESO
    Did I here that they are adding 2 more ranks?

I thought the idea of the champion points system was to do away with the veterain levels and level all future content to your level.

Now I have wasted all that money on ravager, morag tong, martial knowledge etc and mats to make it all legendary to then have to buy it all again or be forced to use new sets and craft new v16 gear and then save all that gold to make it all legendary and there is just no content to play, we will be forced to grind the new 2 levels in the same places.

Why can't we just stay at v14 and use the champion point system to improve ourselfs. Then if any new sets come out it will go well with our current gear.

v16 also makes all the current gear and drops worthless and all the old content not worth doing because all the loot will be lower level?
    Beardeddraggonborn Stam Templar
    Beardeddragonborn mag DK shelved
    Beardie Stam NB
    Eve Bearegard Mag Sorc

• aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I totally forgot, i was thinking next week was ESO live went to look at the launcher and there has bee no news for 6 days.
    Also a request about the Crown Store items posted on the rotating banner (not sure what else to call it) Instead of a link to the "Buy crowns page" could it instead link to a page with info concerning the item, and then a buy crowns link on that?
  • Armisael9
    Armisael9
    ✭✭✭

I thought the idea of the champion points system was to do away with the veterain levels and level all future content to your level.

Now I have wasted all that money on ravager, morag tong, martial knowledge etc and mats to make it all legendary to then have to buy it all again or be forced to use new sets and craft new v16 gear and then save all that gold to make it all legendary and there is just no content to play, we will be forced to grind the new 2 levels in the same places.

Why can't we just stay at v14 and use the champion point system to improve ourselfs. Then if any new sets come out it will go well with our current gear.

v16 also makes all the current gear and drops worthless and all the old content not worth doing because all the loot will be lower level?

Agreed. What the hell is going to happen to my gear I spent months farming and saving for upgrades. IS THERE ANY WAY FOR THEM TO SCALE WITH THE PLAYER, AT LEAST THE UNDAUNTED MONSTER PLEDGE SETS?! I mean come on, this just straight up demotivating/ low/ discouraging, frustrating. They said vet ranks was going away. HOURS OF TIME LOST ON CURRENT GEAR. Can't ZoS at least add some new content if they're going to increase vet levels like they did with upper crag?! WHY (I know the answer, to keep us playing longer and possibly subscribed). This pisses me off. Makes me want to start a strike until they take this slap in the face back. It's not fair/ right. I can't stop b*tching about this.
  • allenv30b14_ESO
    allenv30b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been tanking since the beginning (beta). It is my main toon. Over the course of the past year, tanking has become a bit of an art. Every boss and every mob or zone is different. With CP added, you were able to extend a tanks life in the really difficult situations. My thoughts are confused as to your conclusion that Tanks maintain 100 percent stam during boss fights. I have never maintained that much stam during any fight. I believe that you did not take in the fact that Most DK tanks use mostly stam abilities while tanking. Blocking is just one, bashing whether mouse bash or ability bash using alot of stam. I currently time my hits and blocks because of this. I am also continuing to evolve my tank as to use all the Sword and Board abilities to enhance the damage i am doing during a fight. As you know, While tanking the dps done is minimal compared to the other classes. Granted there r other abilities that do not use stam, however, as you mentioned Magic is very low in a tank. I think the definition of a tank would mean that they should have a bonus in the tanking arena compared to the other classes. During boss fights, you are not just tanking the boss, alot of times as a tank, you have to pull adds to help the group in fights while still taking damage from the boss even from a distance.

Your logic as to remove all the stam regen in theory makes sense however as a tank and designed to be a tank, this defeats the purpose of the build. Of course you say now that the ult is built faster, they deal more damage, however if this goes into effect, a tanks ult will no longer be as effective and therefor you will be reducing the amount of dps in a fight even more.

You also, left out the fact that tanks do much more dodge and roll during boss fights then most classes. Well, at least i do. This also uses a good portion of stam.

I think that we could overcome most of this in the cp system, however if you factor in what i have mentioned above this will not be possible. Every tank will only be able to use only a few cp buffs. Of course if we have 3000 cp, that wouldn't be an issue. LOL

Maybe a compromise of sorts would be more inline with what you wish to do. Holding block during this fights reduces the amount of regen by a percentage. So, if one has 100 percent of his regen working now, maybe while he is holding block he only gets 30 percent.

I have given this alot of thought and DK tanks are tanks. Tanks are designed to outlast and keep taking a beating more then any other class. By removing all the stam regen, you no longer have a tank, you just have another class like the others.
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭

pretty much perfectly said.

Skoria set will become completely irrelevant, all monster helms worthless.

Unless they plan on adding twice as many dungeons in this conent patch - which is certainly not going to be the case - then kiss pledges goodbye.
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, my name is Zenimax Online Studios, and I enjoy pissing off my consumer base with *** DLCs that render everyone's hard earned, expensive gear worthless. I told everyone that I was replacing Vet Ranks with Championship points and I laughed behind your back as you cheered in joy for the coming change. Because Im a sadistic fuxor, I have decided to not only to keep Vet Ranks - but add 2 more.
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    Adding 2 more Vet Ranks is a really careless, thoughtless, unimaginative, unoriginal move and its going to p i s s nearly everyone off. It wont matter if you reduce rank XP or increase XP given from enemies or quests - which by the way you should have already done by now. You will still end up making our gear useless. Its an awful decision - and a cop out for not being able to keep up with DLC release timelines.
    Edited by Endenium on July 3, 2015 3:14AM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any thread with details on last ESO Live?
    What was discussed\announced\answered etc. Please.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Zenimax,

It took me a long long time to get my VR 14 gear, time to get enough gold to buy those rare set pieces, time to do daily pledges and farm dungeons, time to get all the resources I needed. And now you want to add two more veteran ranks? Seriously, why? I have been a subscriber without interruption since the very beginning of this game. I love the Elder Scrolls. I am already so disappointed that you introduced xp scrolls in the Crown Store, while making the recipes and ingredients for xp potions in game nearly impossible to find - what happened to "only cosmetic and utility items in the Crown Store, nothing to make you more competitive over the others"? I am disappointed like everyone else at the awful silence regarding new updates, and the fact that exciting content so much in line with the Elder Scrolls universe (remember spellcrafting?) seems to have been banished to Oblivion. I have been wondering lately what am I still subscribed for. The experience bonus from ESO Plus? That's hardly worth it from where I stand. Access to new content? Nothing in view so far. I have kept my subscription so far entirely out of loyalty to the game. If you just go ahead and raise the VR cap, I will probably just discontinue my subscription. After all, the only way I cannot be disappointed by something is if I get it for free.

Thank you for your kind attention.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just quote Nifty from another topic:
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    No stamina regen while blocking will put a stop to the perma blockers. This is more directed toward PvP, but unfortunately will affect PvE as well.
    How exactly do you expect people to tank in PvE now?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real