Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

How to find other players to trade with?

NewbieKenobi
NewbieKenobi
✭✭
Well, the most obvous answer would be to use the Trade function or the Guild Store or Guild Trader :)

But if you have found something that you believe to be worth a bit of gold, got a lot of crafting materials on you hands or just simply want to give something away like a motif, how do you reach out to other players?

On PC there is the chat channel. How is this handled on console? We on console can't use text chat, and the area voice chat is just a murmur of random coughs and sneezes :/
Edited by NewbieKenobi on July 2, 2015 7:02AM
Xbox One | EU | SWE

"- People say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating a f*****g legend."

Join our all swedish cross alliance guild Det Svenska Lejonet, we are always looking for more active swedish players! Join us for Pledges, Dungeons, Trials and more!

Best Answer

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    @NewbieKenobi If you're interested in trading or doing a lot of buying/selling, joining one or more active Trading Guilds with a high member count may be your best option. There's a whole section dedicated to Guild Recruitment on these forums.

If you want something a liitle more direct, you could always try third-party sites like reddit.

https://m.reddit.com/r/ESOtrade

Found this page dedicated to trading just by typing "elder scrolls online trading" into Google. You'd have to make an account, but it's free and reddit is a very well known site to gamers.

Hope that helps :)
    Answer ✓
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    Well, the most obvous answer would be to use the Trade function or the Guild Store or Guild Trader :)

But if you have found something that you believe to be worth a bit of gold, got a lot of crafting materials on you hands or just simply want to give something away like a motif, how do you reach out to other players?

On PC there is the chat channel. How is this handled on console? We on console can't use text chat, and the area voice chat is just a murmur of random coughs and sneezes :/

You can send messages through the console's message function
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • NewbieKenobi
    NewbieKenobi
    ✭✭
    Well I was more thinking in ways like typing in chat WTS AWESOME STUFF and have people reply back to me. But there is no chat on the console version of the game. How do I FIND people to trade with in the first place?

Send a message to someone is very possible once I have identified a potential buyer of the goods I have for sale. I just... have to find the buyers first ;)

I can't very well send a Xbox Live message to every player on the server for every single thing I want to sell ;)
    Xbox One | EU | SWE

"- People say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating a f*****g legend."

Join our all swedish cross alliance guild Det Svenska Lejonet, we are always looking for more active swedish players! Join us for Pledges, Dungeons, Trials and more!

• theghost133
    Easiest way I've found is to go back to your starting city (example being Davon's Watch for EP) and head to the crafting/merchant area. It's usually pretty populated and chances are you'll find someone willing to trade.
  • NewbieKenobi
    NewbieKenobi
    ✭✭
    Well, sure, there are plenty of players willing to trade. But do I just run around inviting players randomly to trade and just present my goods and see what they offer? That sounds really 1986...

Isn't there a website or something? Where players can post what they have for sale and put down their player name or whatever so others can get in touch with them?

I got a feeling that this has to be organized somehow...
    Xbox One | EU | SWE