Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Khajiit NB seeks advice as this one is confused.

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
After reading UESP, unfortunately, I still have questions, and so I'm posting them here for help. My thanks, in advance. :)

What is a critical hit?
I'm under the impression a crit is based on sneak, meaning from behind. However, when I stealth out, the enemy ALWAYS turns right before I land a hit, and I wonder if I'm losing the crit hit because of this.

Can a special deliver the crit hit?
I use Slashing Blades, but I don't notice any major impact on crit hit 100% chance on next hit.

Is weapon speed varied between types?
I can't really tell a difference in speed between dagger and axe, so I've stuck with the latter for the damage buff. If speed is a factor, I'll go back to using daggers. The Slashing Blades looks weird using axes.

I've fallen between rocks, getting myself stuck. Is there a trick to getting out or is spending the gold for "unstuck" the only way out?

Any tips on how to kite without using a bow?
This would be really helpful considering I'm now facing 3-on-1 combat more frequently (at lvl 27).

Again, thanks for your help. :)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Critical hits come from two sources:
    A ) A sneak attack from the sides or rear of your target. If the target is turning around on you, you may need to time your approach better to avoid being seen. Always open from stealth with veiled blade/concealed weapon/surprise attack (second skill in your shadow tree) to maximize damage and stun duration.
    B ) There's a chance to deal critical damage on every attack based on your weapon and/or spell critical rating as shown in your character screen. These crits do not require stealth.

2. It depends on the special. As said above in point A, you want to use surprise attack ideally for your stealth opener. If you dont have that attack yet, use a heavy attack. A lot of abilities are not able to crit from stealth, or are designed in such a way that makes them ineffective when doing so. Slashing blades, for example, does very little initial damage - the bulk of it's damage is dealt over time, and only that initial damage will get the sneak damage bonus.

3. All weapons within the same category (Dual wield, 2handed, etc.) have the same attack speed. You'll swing just as fast with a 1h axe as you will with a dagger.

4. Unfortunately using the unstuck option is often the only way. Sometimes you can jump a bit and jostle yourself free, but it depends on where you fell and how badly you're stuck.

5. Kiting without a bow (assuming you're not using a restoration or destruction staff, either) isnt usually necessary, but if you're using dual wield you can use flying blade for a ranged attack. Use cripple from the siphoning tree to immobize and slow enemies, and twisting path from the shadow tree to speed up your own movement in an area.

Edited by Lynx7386 on July 1, 2015 2:48AM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank