The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does siege damage need to be nerfed?

• LegionIsAll
    Keep siege damage the way it is.
    I rarely use them unless its taking out a wall but if you get killed by siege weaponry you can't be paying attention . When hit you can heal yourself pretty easily. Getting hit by a siege weapon should be a rare thing unless you are also on one.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My close to 500 killing blows with my trusty fire balista in one month speak differently.

Keep in mind that I would actually like to see siege damage increased (respectively redistributed to more direct damage and less DoT damage).
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll, Dodge roll, Stealth, Mark target, Snipe, Gap closer, Magnum shot, Gap closer, CC, Stealth, burn siege, repeat.
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll pick this since there isn't a "Buff Siege More" option. Specifically the Lightning Ballista, Oil Catapult, Frost Treb, and Scatter Catapult could all use some additional love.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on July 1, 2015 7:28PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is the "buff siege damage" option?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    Morvul wrote: »
    actually, siege needs a buff against perma-purging stacked groups.
    Though I would suggest said buff to happen via a nerf to purge...

Or you actually get another equally stacked group to take them on instead of sitting on siege?
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    I guess I'll pick this since there isn't a "Buff Siege More" option. Specifically the Lightning Ballista, Oil Catapult, Frost Treb, and Scatter Catapult could all use some additional love.

So if you buff all the lesser used ones and nerf all the fire ones that should make a happy medium?
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is there no vote for a siege buff? With purge spammers as abundant as they are, siege is more often useless than overpowered.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    I rarely use them unless its taking out a wall but if you get killed by siege weaponry you can't be paying attention . When hit you can heal yourself pretty easily. Getting hit by a siege weapon should be a rare thing unless you are also on one.

Now picture this. Your group of 24 are taking on another group of 24 in a wide open field. You can see nothing but a group of people clustered around you all spamming abilities. Effects are flying everywhere. Then some lone person comes up off in the distance and places one fire ballista. Seeing that red circle (could be friendly or not because zeni doesn't know to change aoe circles colors based on team/enemy) would be nearly impossible and your team would be insta wiped taking 20k+ fire damage.
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    The players on console will just have to learn how to either move out of the red circles or purge. They should all wipe if they don't. If you lower the siege damage then you are just going to let zergs roll over everything, its already and enough how it is on pc where siege is meaningless because how easily purge can be spammed.

This game was made for zergs, why do you think there aren't any arenas?
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    You forgot Buff Siege.

It has already been buffed. I didn't include an option that wouldn't happen.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    KillKapps wrote: »

Or you actually get another equally stacked group to take them on instead of sitting on siege?

Hmmm. Yes, I see. Okay so you must have magical powers! Because when myself and maybe 3 others are defending a keep against a large organized zerg, I'm unable to summon this "equally stacked group" you speak of, and wish that my siege actually helped in the defense. But because there is so much purge spam, attempting to defend while being outnumbered is futile.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • KillKapps
    KillKapps
    Nerf sieege damage.
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

Hmmm. Yes, I see. Okay so you must have magical powers! Because when myself and maybe 3 others are defending a keep against a large organized zerg, I'm unable to summon this "equally stacked group" you speak of, and wish that my siege actually helped in the defense. But because there is so much purge spam, attempting to defend while being outnumbered is futile.

You need to stop thinking that running solo to defend a keep is a viable option. That keep deserves to be taken over if they outnumber you.
  • TheWhiskyWizard
    TheWhiskyWizard
    Soul Shriven
    It's pretty easy to avoid siege weapons. I really don't see the problem. I wouldn't mind if they made the target area smaller, but increased damage so it is a one hit kill no matter what. But once again, it is incredibly easy to avoid siege weapons.
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Now picture this. Your group of 24 are taking on another group of 24 in a wide open field. You can see nothing but a group of people clustered around you all spamming abilities. Effects are flying everywhere. Then some lone person comes up off in the distance and places one fire ballista. Seeing that red circle (could be friendly or not because zeni doesn't know to change aoe circles colors based on team/enemy) would be nearly impossible and your team would be insta wiped taking 20k+ fire damage.

if you are in a group that is "spamming spells" and your whole group dies from 1 fire ballista, then you are doing something very wrong. Do you not play with healers or something? Do you make a habit of standing in red circles because "who knows, it could be friendly!".

Planting a siege against a zerg in open combat would do nothing but get you charged and killed by said zerg.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's pretty much the situation I hope for.... (although I strongly support giving friendly siege a different colour circle - you probably would not see either in that situation)

it would force you to find a way to fight that other 24 group without stacking up and standing still too much. Which seems to be exactly what is needed to combat the huge lag issues
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

You need to stop thinking that running solo to defend a keep is a viable option. That keep deserves to be taken over if they outnumber you.

keeps should be defensible positions. Defensible positions should allow to defend while outnumbered (not 1 vs 50 outnumbered, but certainly 10 vs 50 outnumbered until the 50 start turning the keep into swiss cheese - thereby eliminating the defensive position).
    They currently work that way when fighting "scrubs", they actually favour the attackes when fighting competent "stack on crown groups spamming purge and rapid"
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    I agree with Flounder's original reply. I think the way they are now is pretty fair. That reload time is excruciatingly slow. You also have to have a fair amount set up with a big group outside to even stand a chance. And that's a challenge in itself!

All the while you have your own siege inside the keep, firing back. It's not like you are without the same equipment.

So fairs, fair.
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is supposed to hurt,

I would still like to see an insta kill at point of contact and then less damage further our..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sieege damage.
    Fire ballista damage is just stupid right now. Ticks for like 15k+ are dumb.

Don't get me wrong they should do a lot of damage but the ticks should be like 5-7k so you can have the chance to find a purge or flip to it.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege damage is fine, this is one of the only good things that ZOS has ever done when it comes to PvP balance.

Still, oil catapults need their unpurgable snare back and meatbags need their (what was it? 90%?) healing reduction back.

and RIP ground oil. You will be missed.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired