The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Templar like that Mojican fellow?

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
Hi all!

I have been having a lot of fun on my magicka templar with a heavy armor tank/healer/group support in small group pvp. Just to switch things up though, I might try medium armor and switch to a DPS stamina templar using biting jabs.

I was inspired mainly by getting owned by this Mojican guy (I think AD) and he used a nice combo of clouding swarm with a 13k biting jabs :O Im used to my puncturing sweeps doing like 6-8k tops.

Anyways, I know very little of stamina builds or good stamina armor sets. Here are my questions:

1.) What is the best max dmg armor sets?
2.) What is the best stam regen set?
3.) What is a good overall balance set up?

Thanks all for your time! See you in the field.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Piece Hundings with 3 piece Derughs King slayer is a good set. You could even throw on 2 piece Shadow Walker rings and 2 Morag Tong Daggers. This will give you a lot of Weapon Damage and some crit.
    Edited by Kobaal on June 30, 2015 9:24PM
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5pc hundings rage + 5pc ravager for damage.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    5 Piece Hundings with 3 piece Derughs King slayer is a good set. You could even throw on 2 piece Shadow Walker rings and 2 Morag Tong Daggers. This will give you a lot of Weapon Damage and some crit.

This would be for max weapon dmg and no regen, right? Thanks for the input!
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Awesome! Is ravagers expensive?
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Awesome! Is ravagers expensive?
    They cost around 80~100k per piece, took me 3 days to farm the money for the 5 pieces.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    @tplink3r1 Thanks for the quick reply! How would this set up work in comparison to ravagers?

2x shadow walker
    4x morug tongs
    5x hundings

I realize I would have like no stam regen lol. Not sure how to balance this though. Thanks for helping me theorycraft though!
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    He exploited the dual maces with sharpened bug so he basically has a crazy amount of armor pen, he also runs ravaging so he gets really high weapon damage. If you have noticed he uses toppling charge even though it is majicka to knock you down with his dual wield bar and biting jabs you.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Not talking crap I'm just saying what he is doing
    Invictus

• Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    And if you are running with a few friends like he does you don't need a lot of sustain because you have people there to help out but if you pvp solo then i would lower your weapon damage and get more regen
    Invictus

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    Kobaal wrote: »

This would be for max weapon dmg and no regen, right? Thanks for the input!

That is correct. I ran 5 hundings and 5 ravager for a time. That set has no regen either. I found I get more weapon damage with a mix of hundings, derughs, and shadow walker. My dunmer nightblade runs at a little over 1k stam regen. Stam is not a big issue for me. With buffs and if you use a 2H with Rally up, from stealth I have like 3900 weapon damage not even using morag tong daggers. This set up is for max burst dps.
    Edited by Kobaal on June 30, 2015 9:44PM
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    He exploited the dual maces with sharpened bug so he basically has a crazy amount of armor pen, he also runs ravaging so he gets really high weapon damage. If you have noticed he uses toppling charge even though it is majicka to knock you down with his dual wield bar and biting jabs you.

Im a newb, but I thought using 2h/rally gives you more weapon dmg than DW?
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a decent zerger build, any scrub can kill with it... but if you want to pvp, go with something like 5pc White Strakes, 4pc Shadow walker, 2pc dwemer monster set
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »

Also, what is this bug you speak of? lol I have no idea
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Use 2 hand for rally and you support bar and use dual wield for damage. Dual wield gives more weapon damage. And the bug is that using dual wield maces with sharpened gives more armor penetration than intended(wayyyyyy more than intended) that is why he uses bitings jabs on that bar and toppling charge as a knock down.
    Invictus

• Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies so far! I appreciate it :) If you have more to add feel free to post more, I could use all the ideas I can get lol