The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hidable Mount Upgrades

MrGorv
MrGorv
✭✭✭
Greetings ZOS and everyone.
Lately I have developed my character's riding skill above 20 in every direction and figured out that I don't like the entire look of my mount. Seriously, with all those bags, straps and helmets mounts loose their individuality and sometimes look strange. For example, the Nightmare courser is a demonic horse and it looks cool, but when you put bags on it, it becomes just a fiery mule.
So, here's my idea. Make mount upgrades hidable through settings just like helmets on characters, so those, who don't really like them, will be able to see their mounts "clean". I think it will be nice.
Best regards.
Gorven Savius | Stamina DK | Tamriel Hero | Covenant Lieutenant
Gorvam Sathri | Magicka DK | Sun's Dusk Reaper
Gorvand-al-Savia | Stamina Templar | Covenant Veteran
Gorvean Saniar | Magicka Templar | Magnanimous
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a post from around April 2014 (I think) from PC Users asking for the ability to toggle each upgrade on/off.
    I don't think ZOS really cares.

The problem we have now though (As opposed to before patch 1.6) is that upgrades are account-wide, and not just for the mount itself.
    So, we can't just choose to "upgrade 'this'" on one mount for the look, but not on another.
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a post much more recent about it.. sounded good.. I'll try to find it again and come back and link it
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1955109/#Comment_1955109
    ~ninja smoke~

The option to hide individually each part of your mount's visual upgrades will be coming in a future patch, subject to the will of Sheogorath. Like the Hide Helm option, you'll be able to Hide your Mount's Stamina Visual Upgrade, Speed Visual Upgrade, or Carry Capacity Upgrade. It will not change the performance of your mount, just the visual appearance, and like hide helm, your selection will be visible to other players.

:smiley:

From June 29th :smiley:
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Found it!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1955109/#Comment_1955109
    ~ninja smoke~

The option to hide individually each part of your mount's visual upgrades will be coming in a future patch, subject to the will of Sheogorath. Like the Hide Helm option, you'll be able to Hide your Mount's Stamina Visual Upgrade, Speed Visual Upgrade, or Carry Capacity Upgrade. It will not change the performance of your mount, just the visual appearance, and like hide helm, your selection will be visible to other players.

Thanks Bizz! :)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace-2112 wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Found it!

~ninja smoke~

Thanks Bizz! :)

Yeah.. I remember.. because the only part you see on the dev tracker of the comment is "~ninja smoke~" and that definitely intrigued me to click it hahaha.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they implemented just the equipment part of my Tangible Mount concept, I think everyone would be happy.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165659/tangible-mounts-advanced-concept

YlTMHgz.jpg?1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!