The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which start faction do y'all prefer and why?

DenMoria
DenMoria
✭✭✭✭✭
I've decided to start my Altmer Sorceress over tonight but am not a big fan of the the Aldmeri start area.

I do like both Ebonheart, but seem to actually prefer Daggerfall.

I am lucky that I have the add-on that allows me to pick any of them (although, for RP purposes, it doesn't really make sense, unless I'm playing a spy, of course).

Which one do y'all prefer? Are there particular things, advantages or settings that you like the best? Example: I love the Dwemer ruin in Ebonheart, but, then again, I've always loved the Dwemer ruins in all ES games.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love AD.. mostly because of the beauty of Auridon - and of course - Raz. Have you met him yet?

Not a fan of EP - very dreary and wasn't a fan of the zone questlines
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be because my two main characters are on Daggerfall but I'm really beginning to not like it.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raz is a hoot on AD but I only got to level 4 there.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played AD so far and enjoyed it. In EP now in caldwell's silver and not liking it so much pretty boring. I've heard good things about DC guess I'm looking forward to gold.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like EP... mostly because of Shadowfen and the Nord zones.

AD is nice to look at if it wasn't so full of elves.

DC is kind of a dump lol... and everyone is a king of some sort. Too many spidermans!
    I wanted to like DC more.... kinda bland
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I love AD.. mostly because of the beauty of Auridon - and of course - Raz. Have you met him yet?

Not a fan of EP - very dreary and wasn't a fan of the zone questlines

Oh yes. I do love Raz and I even like the queen. I guess it's just something about the "eternal spring" thing that gets to me. It's all just so "pretty". Auridon certainly is pretty though.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD is nice to look at if it wasn't so full of elves.

I hate to agree with you, but I do. And I'm playing an elf!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldermi Dominion

- It has the best looking maps
    - Story is refreshing compared to the other two factions, and the specific npcs for that faction are more interesting
    - After around 500 hours of Skyrim, I didn't want to start off with that region again
    - Daggerfall Covenant is an alright landscape, but boring in many aspects with story, interactions, etc.
    - Aldmeri Dominion is still the top faction for the most part
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on June 30, 2015 8:20PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP because *** the elves and *** the whiny Bretons and their ugly beasty friends.

Lizards are chill and we have some pretty sexy elves that hate the elves and pretty much everyone else... but they fit in, because the Nords are right there with them (in regards to hating everyone that's not themselves).

Also, the *** community here is hilarious. Toxic at times, but generally *** hilarious.

Did I mention we have Lizards?
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's AD again for me. All this feedback is making me miss Raz. I do love a kitty with attitude. :wink:
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »
    EP because *** the elves and *** the whiny Bretons and their ugly beasty friends.

Lizards are chill and we have some pretty sexy elves that hate the elves and pretty much everyone else... but they fit in, because the Nords are right there with them (in regards to hating everyone that's not themselves).

Also, the *** community here is hilarious. Toxic at times, but generally *** hilarious.

EB confuses me. I'm from 5K+ hours on Skyrim and, as far as I know, Dunmer & Nords can't stand each other. It's just confusing to have them be allies!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nords are mindless, barbaric brutes. Genghis Khan comes to mind, actually.

I like the Aldmeri Dominion. Really nice areas to explore.

Well, yes, but they do make good dates. You never have to fight your own bar fights and they never understand when I'm insulting them. Plus, I like 'em beefy and dumb.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart.

Because Morrowind was my first and still my favorite TES game. ZOS did well to capture that nostalgia for me in the Ebonheart zone, and i loved the transition to the Skyrim zones.

I started out in the Dominion for the first 4 days after launch, because i wanted to play a Khajiit DK and didn't have the explorer pack. I didn't enjoy the game at all, until i switched to a Dunmer NB on EP.
    Edited by OdinForge on June 30, 2015 8:29PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Paradox wrote: »

EB confuses me. I'm from 5K+ hours on Skyrim and, as far as I know, Dunmer & Nords can't stand each other. It's just confusing to have them be allies!

Oh in general nobody likes Dunmer in the EP. Nords and Argonians seem to get along ok.. but they both dislike Dunmer for really good reasons.

It is kinda like getting the biggest jerk bully on your side so he will beat one someone else for their lunch money for a change.

Then the Dunmer get to be snotty about all the cool Nord parties.

Same way with the Kajiit and Wood Elves.... If the Altmer are busy "Thalmoring" everyone else for a change, the woodies and kitties can get a little slack at home.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pact.
    7 of 8 of my characters are Pact members, the 8th is with the Covenant so I can finally do the Pact zones as Cadwell's Gold (where I am at the moment).

I also love most of the other regions, but the Pact I love more because Morrowind (the game) was my "home" for a long time, and later Skyrim (the game) even more; Oblivion not so much, though.
    When I haven't seen a Morrowind or Skyrim zone (or the games) for a while, I feel the need to go back there. Then everything's alright :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact!

I have been a dunmer fan ever since encountering their lore in TES:Morrowind... so there was no question where I would put down my main characters.

Having played through all three stories on alts and such...
    ...I still line the pact best. Their story actually gives a background to the three banners war - hard to play through the pact questlines, and not build a grudge against the covenant invaders or dominion hatchlingkillers... as for regions, the pacts gets the most varietee, from volcanic stonefalls over temperate deshaan to swampy shadowfen, from icy eastmarch to riften plains...

...playing dominion always makes me cringe thinking about going to cyrodil, while Ayrenn may be the most idealistic of the three rulers, and Raz is always fun, the altmer in general are half rotten with arrogance and racism at their core... also, while their zones are pretty sweet looking if you like trees and nature, they all blend too much into each other.

...and the covenant... is the most classic faction I suppose... breton lands stretch from arthurian high fantasy to medieval monster stories, redguards bring a touch of thousand and one nights, and the orcs are... kinda there to do the heavy lifting, or so it often seems. Region wise they are kinda divided between classic european landscape and desert, so its a bit lackluster at times.
    DenMoria wrote: »
    although, for RP purposes, it doesn't really make sense, unless I'm playing a spy, of course
    Actually... from RP point of view, you fall from the sky after escaping coldharbour. And you start building your life where you fall... usually that is near your homelands (faction race), but not always, there are also displaced imperials fighting for the faction they "fell" in with while hopinto one day free their homelands of cyrodil from the current daedric influecne, and there are others... might be they have a valid in-character reason not to try and get back home, but help the alliance they encountered?
    Altmer exiled from their lands after some major faux pas, Orc renegades seeking their fortune far from orsinium, Argonian refugees who don't trust the pact, Khajit thie... uhm... "merchants" who had to leave their home for becoming too "wanted", Bretons of a minor noble house hiding from trouble their relatives got mixed up with in foreign lands, Nord adventurers who go where the wind blows them (especially after a night of mead), Bosmer hunters who left their home after being less then faightful to the green pact, Redguard pirates looking for plunder and wenches along every coastline, Dunmer who go out to spread the word about the tribunal... whatever that word may be for them...
    ...all those and more you might encounter, or play.