Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Character deletion timer on consoles?

Lyriqz
Lyriqz
Soul Shriven
Is there a reason for this? I fully understand why it's a thing on PC. You can run all those scripts and I heard most MMORPGs have this problem to an extent. But on console, you can't just command your machine to farm for you, right? So why is there a deletion limit? It's so annoying. I took forever to figure out my character and now I finally know what I want and can't create it. :/
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 1 character deletion back per 24 hours. You also have 8 character slots, plus 3 initial deletes, in which to play around with. You mean to tell me you went through 8 characters slots and 3 deletes in one day?
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles aren't special snowflakes.
    Options
  • Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
    Edited by Seafoam_hydra on June 14, 2023 3:30AM
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The character deletion timer is there because of bots and gold farmers, which you can have on consoles as well. It's not going to be removed.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 1 character deletion back per 24 hours. You also have 8 character slots, plus 3 initial deletes, in which to play around with. You mean to tell me you went through 8 characters slots and 3 deletes in one day?

true story...

I was trying to gen up a new alt one day after work, I was ssooo tired I screwed the build up at least 5 times, and had to delete and start over (my fav was I forgot to beard ;)

I never ran into the delete cap... maybe it knew how impaired/stupid I was at that moment?

Options
  • WelshAssassin1987
    It's supposed to be every 24 hours but it isn't, took over 48 hours to get one back for me which I just got now.
    PSN: Welsh_Assassin26

EU Server: Ulfmark Ironwolf - Nord - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Options
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles aren't special snowflakes.

Take away add ons and typed messaging chat from PC, they aren't special snowflakes. Also, no keybinds for PC, they can use one of 2 pre-determined key sets.

“Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
    Options
  • Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
    Edited by Seafoam_hydra on June 14, 2023 3:30AM
    Options