Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Champion System Bugs? Discuss.

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
I am around 300 Champion Points on my account, which I would assume is average. I know people with far more than that 450+ and far less than that 50+. The one thing I have noticed though, since I have began to open up more star passives; I am becoming more of a god in PvP. I think we may have potential issues of certain CP star passives either being more powerful than they should be (ie overpowered), or they are broken and are far stronger than they should be (ie bugged). Some people have posted threads on certain star passives being broken and working stronger than they should, if you were one of the lucky few to see those before ZOS deleted them; what do you think? Are people correct with certain star passives being broken or OP, or is it a learn to play issue?

Its my opinion, that some of these passives are indeed either broken or OP. They gave us very little time to test the Champion Point System in depth and if you all remember it was only halfway through the PTS of 1.6 they gave us all 3600 CPs to play with. The build I made for my Templar with 3600 Champion Points allowed me to solo a keep and it wasn't even a challenge. That is how powerful this system is. It is a unique system and I do enjoy it; hopefully the ESO LIVE session on Thursday will shed some insight on upcoming balance changes to Skills/Stats.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What passives give you your God status, out of curiosity.

I assume you are a non-stave/caster type build, as most of the 75 point passives still strike me as rather unremarkable?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly it. You may seem them as unremarkable, but when you actually get them; its almost like you are elevated onto an entire different level. I agree, when this system first came out I saw many of the passive and was pretty much like; WTF. I wont give specific star passives, since some of them have already been brought to light and threads have been removed; but red and blue. I am just wondering if anyone else has seen a difference in how they are, especially in PvP; because my biggest concern is if some of these CP star passives are broken, the exploiting will be unreal.

I do run a staff on my secondary bar.
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on June 30, 2015 6:13PM
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps unremarkable is not the correct term. They seem geared towards highly specific setups, often with no alternate passive available for other setups.

I can see them adding up quickly given the frequency of certain conditions in PvP.

Blue, definitely, Red if you have specific builds.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is slightly off topic, but I feel that in PvP there are unseen buffs depending on your Alliance Rank. I know that for the most part, the people with a higher Alliance Rank will have more champion points, but I would be curious to see how a VR14 with say 300 cp who had never done any PvP and was still a "Volunteer Grade 1" would fare in Cyrodiil. My point is that it may not just be champion point passives that are turning you in to a "PvP god", but also the fact that you have gained in your Alliance Rank.
    Options