Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Everyone do your console community a favor

Stubie
Stubie
✭✭
Do not Q for a dungeon and then have no idea what role you're there to fill and or just drop group right away. If you don't want to run a dungeon or refuse to communicate with anyone then don't Q. If you don't have a mic then listen to the people in group and use the psn chat to send a tell. You can get to this easily by clicking on a group member and hitting view profile. It's getting better the higher lvl I get but get the word out to our ps4 community and let have a fun group dungeon pug experience all around.
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Messaging outside the game would just get the parties more annoyed so that doesn't fix that problem...
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you join and DO have a mic, don't start screaming and cursing like a deranged lunatic when no one else is using one. This is an MMO some of us play it ten hours a day and don't wear the headset constantly. Yes i know i'm a no lifer, no i do not care. Have a bit of patience and my headset will go on, even if it doesn't, try relaxing.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on June 30, 2015 5:29PM
    Options
  • Stubie
    Stubie
    ✭✭
    How does sending someone a message outside of game to say "hey we are going to run City of Ash" get annoying. If they q'd for multiple dungeons which most do and they won't use voice chat there is no other option.
    Options
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Well...they could just use tex...wait...nevermind...
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. If I am clearly an Altmer Sorceress, what role would you expect me to play? Obviously I wouldn't be going in as a healer.

So far, my one experience joining a group was a disaster. Being ordered around like the help and no one doing anything but attacking everything in sight with no exploration or anything and everybody yelling at everybody, was just no fun at all!

I agree that you should know what you're doing going in, but, honestly, can you at least be civil and not expect everybody to play and act exactly the way you play and act?
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had simply purchased ESO for PC this wouldn't be a problem and we wouldn't have to read a hundred of these repeat console threads every single day.....
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    I have a question. If I am clearly an Altmer Sorceress, what role would you expect me to play? Obviously I wouldn't be going in as a healer.

So far, my one experience joining a group was a disaster. Being ordered around like the help and no one doing anything but attacking everything in sight with no exploration or anything and everybody yelling at everybody, was just no fun at all!

I agree that you should know what you're doing going in, but, honestly, can you at least be civil and not expect everybody to play and act exactly the way you play and act?

@DenMoria the role you play is totally up to how you build your character. Any class can be a healer if they've been working on their resto staff and magicka, or if you've made yourself high armor and have a sword and board, go for tank.. just going for damage? Q as DPS. You should know what role you will fulfill before joining a group, that's the reason for choosing what role(s) you can do when Q'ing for a dungeon
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭

You easily could be a healer with Resto staff...

Also, I'd recommend finding a guild to do dungeon runs with; will be a much better experience playing with people who actually respect each other vs a bunch of randoms (LFG). The in between option was always pugging (during the pick up process, you could always judge your potential partner and decide if you wanted to play with them, so it wasn't quite so bad as LFG), but our communication options do not support that on console really well.
    Edited by Merkabeh on June 30, 2015 10:22PM
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merkabeh wrote: »

You easily could be a healer with Resto staff...

Also, I'd recommend finding a guild to do dungeon runs with; will be a much better experience playing with people who actually respect each other vs a bunch of randoms (LFG). The in between option was always pugging (during the pick up process, you could always judge your potential partner and decide if you wanted to play with them, so it wasn't quite so bad as LFG), but our communication options do not support that on console really well.

Good suggestion with the Resto staff, although I haven't figured out how to use it yet although I've had a few, but, healer isn't really something I do. I like to deal damage.

I will check out the guilds though. If they want an aggressive sorcerer that blasts the heck out of things and likes to trap things so that my other team members can beat the heck out of them, I'm all for it. :smiley:
    Options
  • Stubie
    Stubie
    ✭✭
    I'd expect you to fill the role you Q'd up as. If your a sorc dps and Q'd as a dps I have zero issue with you.
    Options
  • Stubie
    Stubie
    ✭✭
    And to Mr.PC if you don't want to read console based forum topics don't click on the thread and read it. But you thinking this forum is only you guys and our topics are less important is a bit arrogant.
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubie wrote: »
    And to Mr.PC if you don't want to read console based forum topics don't click on the thread and read it. But you thinking this forum is only you guys and our topics are less important is a bit arrogant.

It's kind of hard to ignore it when PC threads get drowned out by hundreds of console threads. Zenimax needs to have a separate forum for PC and console.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's kind of hard to ignore it when PC threads get drowned out by hundreds of console threads. Zenimax needs to have a separate forum for PC and console.

Kind of hard for us console players to have a discussion with you PC players coming in here with territoriality and squabbling too. Maybe just take a chill pill and learn to share? Thanks
    Options
  • Stories-Bones-Tell
    Zeni really needs to add some kinda console exclusive tutorial that lets players know the hell an MMO is. No, having one heal on your bar does not mean you are a healer. No a tank is not the guy who does the most damage, no you aren't losing anything by someone else picking the chest lock in a dungeon.

In WoW, there is a challenge mode area that runs players through DPS/Tanking/Healing challenges. You can't even que for dungeon finder for any respective role in that game unless you pass the challenge mode with at least a silver rank. This should be incorporated into ESO
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect you to fill the role you Q'd up as. If your a sorc dps and Q'd as a dps I have zero issue with you.

Cool! I didn't even know you could Q up as something. I really, really, really need to learn more about MMOing and, in particular, doing it in ESO!

Thanks!
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's 'cause us console folks are pretty ignant After all, it isn't like there are a whole lot of MMOs on console! You PCers already know everything anyhow.

Yes... that's the green eyed monster peeking at you. :wink:
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni really needs to add some kinda console exclusive tutorial that lets players know the hell an MMO is. No, having one heal on your bar does not mean you are a healer. No a tank is not the guy who does the most damage, no you aren't losing anything by someone else picking the chest lock in a dungeon.

In WoW, there is a challenge mode area that runs players through DPS/Tanking/Healing challenges. You can't even que for dungeon finder for any respective role in that game unless you pass the challenge mode with at least a silver rank. This should be incorporated into ESO
    I'll be the first to sign up for such a tutorial, especially since I only just found out what "WoW" stood for. :blush:
    Options
  • goat1313
    goat1313

I'll be the first to sign up for such a tutorial, especially since I only just found out what "WoW" stood for. :blush:

Awesome ^
    Options
  • goat1313
    goat1313
    And yeah I can get you pc players getting annoyed with all us console players asking things that been answered long ago, and complaining aboot stuff that's been complained about long ago. But yeah most of us are here because this game rocks in spite of its problems. Enjoy the new blood in what was getting to be a dusty game fer a few of you anyways, now that we're here zos can finally give you guys the new cntent you were promised long ago.
    Options
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goat1313 wrote: »
    And yeah I can get you pc players getting annoyed with all us console players asking things that been answered long ago, and complaining aboot stuff that's been complained about long ago. But yeah most of us are here because this game rocks in spite of its problems. Enjoy the new blood in what was getting to be a dusty game fer a few of you anyways, now that we're here zos can finally give you guys the new cntent you were promised long ago.

::Holds Breath::

Kidding aside, welcome aboard!

Most people on these forums are pretty helpful, but there are some topics that bring up "bad blood". ;)
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which a good FAQ in GD would be a good idea, but if they aren't going to separate us then 1 CONSOLE FAQ 1 PC/MAC FAQ.

I really do not understand why they haven't done this yet, make it a lot easier on all of us. Been asking them to do it for months yet they never respond or do it.

They say money talks which is why this is the first game I every played being F2P or B2P that I will stop supporting. If they don't want to listen, help or respond to us we might as will ignore them with are cash.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's a DPS? I see it a lot here and have no clue what it means.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage per second (DPS) is a term used with computer games to describe the average rate of damage inflicted over time. The term is especially common in massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) and is a key aspect of theorycraft.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Damage per second (DPS) is a term used with computer games to describe the average rate of damage inflicted over time. The term is especially common in massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) and is a key aspect of theorycraft.

Also (DPS) is commonly used in group settings to describe the person(s) who job is it to actually kill things.
    Healer - keeps everyone alive
    Tank - Makes things hit them, but in this game the threat system blows, so its more of a "best effort tanking"
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation, BigM and Talcon. I'm completely new to MMOs, so please forgive my ignorance.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Stubie
    Stubie
    ✭✭
    You know what? I had no idea so many people didn't know all this stuff about mmos. I guess I was the arrogant one as well. I'm very happy to see this game doing so well on console and I'll gladly deal with new blood. Welcome to the genre folks there is no going back now.
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console players just aren't as familiar with the genre. A lot of them think "Online" means Skyrim co-op, and don't understand the trinity dynamic, which this game's group content was designed around.

A little tutorial would be a good idea. Nothing super specific, just basically enforce the idea that the tank needs to keep enemies off his team, the healer needs to keep everyone's health up, and the dps need to kill the enemies.
    Options