Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Some of the quests, a point of view

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
Before I start I would like to explain that I am not moaning, whining ect. I am just confused, nothing new there I hear you say.

As you know you get a quest by talking to some one you then proceed to said quest. However a couple of quests I have been given have turned out to be four player quests. Now that in it's self is fine, if you have friends who are willing to join you that is. There is the option of abandoning the quest or group.

For group, I do not know any one I can invite, nor do I fancy inviting people who I do not know, people who are busy doing there own thing and probably would ignore me any way.

I would rather know prior to excepting a quest, that it is indeed a multiplayer quest, that way I could then decide if I wish to take it on.

It is just that I have taken a few quests on now, only to find I can not play them alone, at my lvl any way.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too usually do not like grouping with random people, or really at all most of the time. However, abandoning quests has no penalty, and you can always pick them up again when you are of a suitable level or in a mood for group play.

Also, what are these quests? I've found that almost every quest in the Alliances is suitable for soloing, unless you are underleveled. Do you need to level up more?
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are few quests which demand a group to play, unless you're specifically referencing the Undaunted quests. Yes, those do require a group. You can try it solo, but I highly recommend ranking up a bit (10+). The issue with group dives is the sheer volume of enemies, which can get as high as 5 per group, and that's just the lower levels. I'm going to assume this gets worse as levels increase, as well as damage thresholds.

My only, ahem, "complaint" is the 3-on-1, which gets atrocious at times, only because far too many have me in narrow spaces, without much room to move about. Aleyid ruins usually have slim corridors blocked by 3, and those healers... ugh!

Other than this, I have to admit I'm having a blast. I die often, but that's part of the... adventure.

I'm curious if anyone has tried tackling this game in DiD. :O
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I too usually do not like grouping with random people, or really at all most of the time. However, abandoning quests has no penalty, and you can always pick them up again when you are of a suitable level or in a mood for group play.

Also, what are these quests? I've found that almost every quest in the Alliances is suitable for soloing, unless you are underleveled. Do you need to level up more?

Kings of the Grotto lvl 15 which is my level and one of the undaunted which is lvl12, I tried that one and never got far too many enemies. Added to the fact I may not be as skilful as I should be at my Lvl? I may well take your advise and abandon the quest for a later time.

you can try it solo, but I highly recommend ranking up a bit (10+).

May well do :)
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp