Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Poor Graphics? MacBook Pro

E0K7
E0K7
Soul Shriven
I have been running ESO on my Mac for a while now.
Here is my Machine:
OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

I have no idea why my graphics aren't what other people have. I tried running ESO on the highest graphics settings, but it didn't make a difference (If lag counts, it made a huge difference).
Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have suggestions to help?
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    Im not sure how this work but your graphics card is it intergrated or non?
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is your trying to play a very system taxing game on a mac pro. ESO hates integrated graphics...which is what you have.

Switch to PC.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Switch to PC.

telling someone to buy a new computer is a little gratuitous although you are right, if you want maximised graphics in a game you need a dedicated gaming machine

My Macbook Pro experience is that ESO is in fact quite playable on low graphics settings (especially getting rid of all the ground clutter) with my distance settings still set out a fair way to see clearly further away

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    btw - you might get some help tweaking your settings over on the Mac Tech forum ... I no longer play on a Mac (made the switch to a PS4) so can't help you with my settings
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend