The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bound Armor skill [Sorcerer]

MattB5
MattB5
Soul Shriven
With reference to the Bound armor skill, available at Daedric Summoning level 30 for the Sorcerer class, are the buffs permanent (improve to armor and max magicka) whilst the skill is active and does the spell wear off at all? I'm simply confused as it seems a weird skill to have as an active if it does not wear off (as it seems it doesn't) rather than as a passive, as it seems that it would be silly to not always have Bound Armor active when it provides buffs like this with no obvious negative effects.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattB5 wrote: »
    With reference to the Bound armor skill, available at Daedric Summoning level 30 for the Sorcerer class, are the buffs permanent (improve to armor and max magicka) whilst the skill is active and does the spell wear off at all? I'm simply confused as it seems a weird skill to have as an active if it does not wear off (as it seems it doesn't) rather than as a passive, as it seems that it would be silly to not always have Bound Armor active when it provides buffs like this with no obvious negative effects.
    The downside is that it takes up a spell slot, and since it's a toggle it actually takes up 2.
    :trollin:
  • MattB5
    MattB5
    Soul Shriven
    MattB5 wrote: »
    The downside is that it takes up a spell slot, and since it's a toggle it actually takes up 2.

Ah okay, that makes sense...in what way does it take up two though? And in that case, is it really worth the spell slot it costs, or is that dependent on the build you're using?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you switch from one skill bar to the other, and a toggle skill isn't on both, it will automatically toggle off. As such, if you want to keep it on all of the time, you need to have it on both bars so that when you switch bars, it stays on.

The other downside is that it's not really that great of a skill, and it completely overrides what your character looks like.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The downside is its a crap skill lol waste of slot
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    just curious if it is 'crap skill', what are the other options for the major sorcery buff that is basically a must have? right?
    Is Entropy the only other option then?
    it is the only other one i've been able to get yet.
    thanks.

• pWn3d_1337
    Bound armor is currently used in endgame to boost max magicka. +8% when maxed I think. But playing with Magelight and Bound Armor costs you 2 slots on both bars (or all 3, since you want it on overload bar too). Magelight is stronger, so when you only want to use 1 toggle, use magelight only.For maximizing dps playing with both toggles is the way to go, but you need to adjust to single target oriented or AoE setup when playing that way.

For solo play I would not use it.