Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Min. skill points for Fragment writs ?

winterbornb14_ESO
winterbornb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello I got my crafting alt to lvl50 prov. just to do the writs for the xp potion fragments and I am trying to find out some information that no one seems to know in game.

I know you need to have 4 points to use the fragment/recipe(purple) but do you NEED all 4 points for it to drop from writs?
Also can you do lower level writs and still get the fragments to drop say if you only put 4/1 into prov. ?

I don't really want to level this alt so I need to spend as few skill points as needed to get the fragments. Also if I can get them by doing lower level writs then I would using less mats/gold etc.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. No. I received a fragment on an alt with recipe quality 3.
    2. Yes. You can get fragments from any level writ, but the highest level writs (level VI recipe improvement) have a higher chance.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 29, 2015 7:27PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So I should spec 1/6 for the best chance and then when I get all the fragments I should re spec to 4/1 to make the potions to skimp on points ?

Thanks for the info.
  • Daya
    Daya
    ✭✭
    So I should spec 1/6 for the best chance and then when I get all the fragments I should re spec to 4/1 to make the potions to skimp on points ?

Thanks for the info.

It sounds as if this alt is not very high level, this means you can only get writs up to Recipe Improvement skill lvl 4 (lvl 40-45 recipes).
    You can't get the Coldharbour and Craglorn writs until you have done the story-line quests, that brings you there.

So a provisioner that is lvl 50 with max recipe improvement can still only get lvl 4 writs, if it's a low-level adventurer.
    Just a little bit of info to help your planning.

• winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks.....but thanks for the info Daya.

So much for crafting while leveling, now I know why everyone said get to cap and then craft.
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Daya wrote: »

Thanks for the info.

It sounds as if this alt is not very high level, this means you can only get writs up to Recipe Improvement skill lvl 4 (lvl 40-45 recipes).
    You can't get the Coldharbour and Craglorn writs until you have done the story-line quests, that brings you there.

So a provisioner that is lvl 50 with max recipe improvement can still only get lvl 4 writs, if it's a low-level adventurer.
    Just a little bit of info to help your planning.

My alt could do the Coldharbour quests after completing the groundskeepers walkthru quest. Just need to get a port to guild, party or friend.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.