Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surilie Syrah Wine Recipe

Jay_Gally
Jay_Gally
✭✭
Looking for that recipe. I'm down to trade or pay outright. I've been looking it for a few days now and luck isn't on my side as I try to complete the provisioning writ. Comment if you have it and are willing to trade or if you want to put where you found it so I can loot your spot and see if my luck improves.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This recipe isn't difficult to find. I recommend finding an area with a lot of containers and simply checking them all and relogging if you don't find what you seek. Eventually you should find it and maybe some other recipes you don't have along the way.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Jay_Gally
    Jay_Gally
    ✭✭
    The relog negates the 20 minute or so wait time you usually have to wait for containers to "re-stock" with loot?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay_Gally wrote: »
    The relog negates the 20 minute or so wait time you usually have to wait for containers to "re-stock" with loot?

Yep, so does going in and out of the Thieves Refuge.

Also, as long as someone crafted the food or drink, you can turn it in for the writ. So, check the Guild Kiosks and stores for the finished wine. Just make sure it is the Crafted Green one, not the White Loot Drop one. You can turn that in for the writ.

Also, since the writ will ask for the same 3 drinks and 3 foods, buy a 10 stack if you find it as you will be asked again for the wine.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jay_Gally
    Jay_Gally
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yep, so does going in and out of the Thieves Refuge.

Also, as long as someone crafted the food or drink, you can turn it in for the writ. So, check the Guild Kiosks and stores for the finished wine. Just make sure it is the Crafted Green one, not the White Loot Drop one. You can turn that in for the writ.

Also, since the writ will ask for the same 3 drinks and 3 foods, buy a 10 stack if you find it as you will be asked again for the wine.

You literally just blew my mind and opened up the world of eso to me just when I thought I was figuring stuff out. Had no idea the thieves guild would reset that timer too. So theoretically, when I leave the thieves guild, everything should be lootable unless another player gets there before me? Does this also work on restocking items left on tables by vendors like armor/weapons?

Same for turning in already crafted food/drink for writ credit, had no idea that would work. Thanks for the insight! Truly appreciated.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So theoretically, when I leave the thieves guild, everything should be lootable unless another player gets there before me? Does this also work on restocking items left on tables by vendors like armor/weapons?

The game is instanced, you can run through a building right after another player and loot any container and it's RNG only as to what you get, or if you get anything at all. It is only containers in the over world that can be looted before you. Not sure about dungeons of the solo variety, never worried about them.

AFAICT, all containers and world items reset. Note, I do this when farming my two favorite buildings in a town to not be named on the boards. I can get 240 to 480 Legerdemain Points from these places if I can stuff my character inventory enough. Note, every 48 hours, you are supposed to get a reset on the Fence count as soon as you leave the window, so that is why the points are so high. Not sure what the new patch has done to this. If it was 24 hours since the last Fencing, you get no reset, 48 hours since the last one, you get a reset or used to.

Anyway, I would go in with 200 to 240 items (stack provisioning ingredients helps a lot for this), fence half, launder half, then go back and get more.

Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2015 6:29PM

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In actuality every time you see a loading screen you are changing instances hence the comment about the Outlaw Haven refreshing containers. Also containers from what I can determine are for you alone to loot so if someone else loots it before you it will not impact your find. This, however, does not apply to chests and safeboxes (except for the reward chest after destroying a Dark Anchor and similar chests plus hidden chests via treasure maps if I'm not mistaken).

If you are in the Aldmeri Dominion or have access to Auridon somehow Vulkhel Guard Manor has 19 containers in total and is great for looting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, when I said World Items, I was referring to beets on the table, swords in the stands, things like that.

• Jay_Gally
    Jay_Gally
    ✭✭
    I was always under the impression that we we're essentially competing against others in the instance as far as loot goes. If someone went into a building before us and looted the chests, wardrobes, etc we would have to wait for that 20 minute refresh timer. But what you all just told me changes that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always under the impression that we we're essentially competing against others in the instance as far as loot goes. If someone went into a building before us and looted the chests, wardrobes, etc we would have to wait for that 20 minute refresh timer. But what you all just told me changes that.

No loot stealing in the game. Except for Chests that you unlock. Some containers in Delves might be something that is first come first serve, but that would only be backpacks if anything. And, even then, the backpacks may not even fall into this category. I just seem to find a lot of empty backpacks

Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2015 8:09PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2015 8:08PM

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

No loot stealing in the game. Except for Chests that you unlock. Some containers in Delves might be something that is first come first serve, but that would only be backpacks if anything. And, even then, the backpacks may not even fall into this category. I just seem to find a lot of empty backpacks

I find alot of empty containers period. Oft times in Vulkhel Guard Manor over half of the 19 containers are empty and often 1 or even 2 containers that say it has contents when activated goes empty without showing anything. Either I'm just that unlucky or containers are bullsh**.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find alot of empty containers period. Oft times in Vulkhel Guard Manor over half of the 19 containers are empty and often 1 or even 2 containers that say it has contents when activated goes empty without showing anything. Either I'm just that unlucky or containers are bullsh**.

I think there is different RNG tables for different buildings. The bank in Wayrest is, or was prior to 1.6, the exact same way. It was the number one farming location for motifs pre 1.6, most of the 120 I amassed over and above teaching all my alts all the motifs, came from that building. But, more than half the containers were empty.

Besides, Banks are the worse buildings to loot because they have guards. Most every other building, if I am caught, I can just use the map to port away before going outside.

I find ships to be great for looting. And, once you get to Malabal Tor, the first town you come to, is a looting paradise.