The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WTB RACE CHANGE PLOX

ksimpscnub18_ESO
ksimpscnub18_ESO
✭✭✭
Pretty simple. At least one of my chars is a crap race due to my selection A. as a newb and B. due to a completely different meta. I figured they may give you a race change or something like that when 1.6 hit and the meta got flipped upside down. They did not.

So happy compromise? Put it in the crown store. You guys would make a boatload of money (to HOPEFULLY get some devs in and fix some stuff :D) and you would make a LOT of happy players who could min max at their will. Seems simple to me. Please consider thanks.
Edited by ksimpscnub18_ESO on June 29, 2015 3:21PM
Tikijim DC NB
Wakka Flame DC DK
Nearcyde DC Templar

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty simple. At least one of my chars is a crap race due to my selection A. as a newb and B. due to a completely different meta. I figured they may give you a race change or something like that when 1.6 hit and the meta got flipped upside down. They did not.

So happy compromise? Put it in the crown store. You guys would make a boatload of money (to HOPEFULLY get some devs in and fix some stuff :D) and you would make a LOT of happy players who could min max at their will. Seems simple to me. Please consider thanks.

Why would they just "give you a race change" because of a patch? Something like skill points I can see, but seriously? Attitudes like yours is probably reason #1 why they're apprehensive about race changes. They don't want a bunch of people being jerks about someone having a different race they like to play.

I think down the road something in the crown store is inevitable, but right now I'd rather they just look at changing the racials that are weaker than others.
  • ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not being a jerk, I am asking nicely and also asking to buy it not be given it. 1.6 changes were hardly just a patch that was an entire meta change. I am obviously playing the game without it as is but to me with the amount of changes that have taken place I felt it was a fair request. All of my characters were made during a different meta

Yea some races will be getting buffed (some that probably dont even need a buff) but the "play the way you want" marketing of the game has been shot down multiple times. Especially with the opening of the CP trees because now you have to point further into certain builds and are less versatile with switching roles.
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• Erwen
    Erwen
    ✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Why would they just "give you a race change" because of a patch? Something like skill points I can see, but seriously? Attitudes like yours is probably reason #1 why they're apprehensive about race changes. They don't want a bunch of people being jerks about someone having a different race they like to play.

I think down the road something in the crown store is inevitable, but right now I'd rather they just look at changing the racials that are weaker than others.

and the most important, i really dont think the racials are such a big thing... ppl should not me that crazy about racial changes
    Proud to be Havoc.
  • ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it definitely makes more of a difference now that there are no soft caps
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erwen wrote: »

and the most important, i really dont think the racials are such a big thing... ppl should not me that crazy about racial changes

20k health 10k magicka, and 23k stam as a breton right now.

You'd have to be absolutely insane to pick a 1k buff to magicka over a 2k buff to health and 2.3k buff to stam as a stam build.

Race changes are much needed.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been discussion on ESO Live about the possibility of doing this. They have also discussed an upcoming change to racial passives. Just be patient.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    indeed just add it already
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's this got to do with alliance war??
    Halcyon Black
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I change from a Khajiit to an Argonian will I get put on the cover of Vanity Fair?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plox...

These forums have now achieved a new low to match the state of the game.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my nose-ring removed...I literally just picked the first Khajiit toon it generated for me.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astien wrote: »
    20k health 10k magicka, and 23k stam as a breton right now.

You'd have to be absolutely insane to pick a 1k buff to magicka over a 2k buff to health and 2.3k buff to stam as a stam build.

Race changes are much needed.

21k health, 9.5k magicka and 30k stam on my Imperial templar.

So yeah, race only matters for them obsessed min/maxers clearly lol

That's also why I made a second templar. Really wanted to play around with the stamina version, but my main is Breton (like your character) and suffers from the same issue. The race has 0 synergy with a stamina build.

Not everyone has time to make a second character. Why race changes will be much appreciated when introduced in-game.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being a jerk, I am asking nicely and also asking to buy it not be given it. 1.6 changes were hardly just a patch that was an entire meta change. I am obviously playing the game without it as is but to me with the amount of changes that have taken place I felt it was a fair request. All of my characters were made during a different meta

Yea some races will be getting buffed (some that probably dont even need a buff) but the "play the way you want" marketing of the game has been shot down multiple times. Especially with the opening of the CP trees because now you have to point further into certain builds and are less versatile with switching roles.

u still versatility with champ points. the respec for them is cheap allowing u to change at any time
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    There has been discussion on ESO Live about the possibility of doing this. They have also discussed an upcoming change to racial passives. Just be patient.

• ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Plox...

These forums have now achieved a new low to match the state of the game.

just having a bit of fun... you cant act like that is the most low thing you have seen on these forums.
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

u still versatility with champ points. the respec for them is cheap allowing u to change at any time

Very true but 3000 gold to respec your champ points and potential morph respec for just a few abilities comes to about 10-15kg depending on your skill points versus before where you could flip some gear around and maybe some attributes.
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true but 3000 gold to respec your champ points and potential morph respec for just a few abilities comes to about 10-15kg depending on your skill points versus before where you could flip some gear around and maybe some attributes.

i morph respec all the time and b/c i do that i only morph the skills that i need. each of my morph respecs are about 700g. so 3700 is not too bad. on the other hand, i think it is ridiculous to charge people for skill and champ points repecs. i mean what is the point? so i dont change what i want too much? its not like there is an advantage to respeccing. in fact, allowing players to not have to pay for a respec makes the game more versatile and more of a "play as you want" type of feel that zos is always harping about. I am asking this question legitimately what is the drawback to allowing free respecs across the board? The only thing i can see is that ZOS loses money in crown store for respecs which is just a ridiculous thing to pay for anyway. on another side note why not put shrines in cyro so i dont have to leave everytime i want to respec. anyway i digress as this is not the point of this post. in fact i will make a seperate one and encourage people to chim in.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was against it, but I have changed my mind. As long as the change is temporary though. 3000 crowns for a potion that turns you into an argonian for a day.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i morph respec all the time and b/c i do that i only morph the skills that i need. each of my morph respecs are about 700g. so 3700 is not too bad. on the other hand, i think it is ridiculous to charge people for skill and champ points repecs. i mean what is the point? so i dont change what i want too much? its not like there is an advantage to respeccing. in fact, allowing players to not have to pay for a respec makes the game more versatile and more of a "play as you want" type of feel that zos is always harping about. I am asking this question legitimately what is the drawback to allowing free respecs across the board? The only thing i can see is that ZOS loses money in crown store for respecs which is just a ridiculous thing to pay for anyway. on another side note why not put shrines in cyro so i dont have to leave everytime i want to respec. anyway i digress as this is not the point of this post. in fact i will make a seperate one and encourage people to chim in.

Gold sinks are gold sinks. Does it make sense to charge gold to learn to ride your horse? Sure. Does it make sense to charge gold to fix your gear when your a master crafter in woodworking, black smithy and tailoring? Not so much.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'd rather have them hard lock races per alliance with only exception being the imperial...

People like OP just create that desire within me to hard lock all races...
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭

Leveled myself a Dunmer DK. Transferred gear from my argonian DK to him, same rotation, same CP, same anything ->
    3000 DPS more on the dunmer than on the argonian... decide for yourself if you get crazy about that people

- First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, maybe because they drastically changed how the racial passives are/are not useful to how people had their characters built and designed for from launch. We're not talking a minor skill line change where a simple forced-respec is sufficient. We're talking the entire skill balancing and stat system having been overhauled, making choices made a year ago suddenly be questionable, with no fault at play. I was hoping and still assume that we will be given a racial respec option at some point, and not one that requires cash to do the first time, given how major the 1.6 patch changes were to the combat system and itemization changes coming in with the Imperial City from the sound of it. Simply changing the existing racials isn't a solution in any way, shape, or form for this problem.

I gather the actual option isn't available for them to enable yet, but it would certainly be a good option to at least provide a way to change which racial skill line is associated with your current characters, leaving the appearance unchanged, for in-game gold (they could sell a scroll for it on the crown store too, like they did with normal respecs, easily enough at that time). Passives like 9% magicka and 7% flame damage, or 1% stamina restoration per second and 10% maximum stamina while fighting in melee, are far more significant than "something like skill points" to your character's build and its effectiveness. I also would point out that @ksimpscnub18_ESO didn't have any "attitude" nor was he acting like "a bunch of people being jerks" about it. He politely and firmly stated the reason he thinks we should have the option available, and even further offered to pay real money for an in-game skill line respec.

Eventually, I would like to see being able to change which passive set is opened for your character for racials at the respec shrines with an option such as "Choose a racial legacy (5,000 gold)" that then lets you choose which racial passives are available to spend skill points in. Then, they can sell that option for crowns in addition, along with allowing you to change your appearance separately from the racial passives (for example, I would pay to be able to be a lizard man (AKA Argonian) but not lose my Dark Elf racials for my dragon knight). This is a pretty important issue especially as more balance changes and new content becomes available. Hopefully @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_BrianWheeler are lurking around here... perhaps we'll even see one of those fancy instant-classic lines that says:

"/lurk"
    1NsEwtO.jpg

:D

I understand some people quite simply may not care and/or even have looked into how large the effects of these passives are. I could post quite a bit of fancy math to demonstrate how big they are, but I don't need to. Anyone who takes a simple look in-game even can immediately see the impact:
    G0ku wrote: »

Leveled myself a Dunmer DK. Transferred gear from my argonian DK to him, same rotation, same CP, same anything ->
    3000 DPS more on the dunmer than on the argonian... decide for yourself if you get crazy about that people

I did the same thing post-1.6, after my Imperial DK immediately became a sub-par option for a magicka build once the stat soft and hard caps were lifted. I didn't want to, but I knew the option wouldn't be coming in soon enough for it to not be worth just getting it over and done with. Now I'm looking at leveling a Nord character for a tank build, but am hesitant because of upcoming changes already having been announced to be made to those racials. If I knew I could change his race if the changes to them after the fact made it a poor choice for the setup I wanted, I would have at it and get him leveled. Right now, though, if I level him up to Veteran Rank 14, I may find in a couple of weeks that they have changed one of the passives to something completely different, such as the unpopular but actually powerful in the right theorycrafted builds "Robust" passive for health regeneration, which a combat designer such as Eric Wrobel might easily see a general demand for being changed or completely revamped now that it's been announced alterations will be made, and a thread's up for questions to ask on the next ESO Live soon that he'll be speaking on with @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno, sensibly enough deciding it's a smart one to ax nased off of its low popularity.

My question, I suppose, to people protesting against the option being there, is: if you don't care about it yourself, why campaign for the option for other players that do to not be available? You wouldn't be required to use it any more than the option for in-game chat bubbles that came in last year after frequent requests ;). I didn't care about those, particularly, myself. I certainly didn't contest that they would be a good addition some would enjoy, though. =)
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 1, 2015 11:34AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race changes are supposed to be coming in the future.

Also its stupid not to allow people to change their race. Builds changed dramatically in 1.6 and before that they changed racials too. When I picked an orc, my racials were vastly different. This was not what I had envisioned at rank 10+
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.