The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reset Mages Guild Quest Line

ALosito
ALosito
Soul Shriven
After finishing the Circus of the Cheerful Slaughter, Valaste did not appear. I logged out and back in over the course of three days and she did not appear. I decided to try resetting the quest line by abandoning the quest but now I can't find a quest giver to pick it back up. I did find Valaste at Mournhold but she does not offer the quest (please see screenshot). Shalidor is no where to be found. How do I reset this quest line?
Edited by ALosito on June 29, 2015 3:03AM
  • ALosito
    ALosito
    Soul Shriven
    Still no reply from customer service on this in either the forum or e-mail. It's been 8 days since I replied back to the generic customer service ticket. What is the average response time right now??

Question Reference # 150625-010610
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know specifics with the guild quests but your best bet is to visit every mages guild hall, run around em a bit. Shalidore likes to warp in and out sometimes (actual portal spell).
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    According to the wiki entry, the follow up quest is Chateau of the Ravenous Rodent url]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chateau_of_the_Ravenous_Rodent_(quest)[/url and the quest before the Circus of the Cheerful Slaughter is Simply Misplaced url]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Simply_Misplaced[/url. Go to those pages and see if you can follow the steps there to find the locations to go to.
    Edited by SinfulSoul on July 5, 2015 11:55PM
  • ALosito
    ALosito
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys!!

I went to all of the mage's guilds back to Rudrasa in Davon's Watch. My journal shows that I have completed "Simply Misplaced" and from her dialogue in Mournhold (Ebonheart Pact) it appears that the game recognizes that I've completed that quest (see screenshot). It would reason then that Shalidor and/or Valaste would be around the Stormhold Mage's guild. Valaste should be standing in front of Magister Ramila in the start of the quest and she's not there (see screenshot).

I thought maybe if I leveled up to Mages Guild level 5 and went to Winterhold that *maybe* it just wanted me to start the next quest since I did get the book for Circus of the Cheeful Slaughter, I just wasn't able to get Valaste to appear. I found a bunch of lore books and still that was a no go. Neither Shalidor nor Valaste are at Winterhold either.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's an invisible NPC error in Stormhold? But wouldn't the greyed out "this is the start to a quest that you haven't started" symbol show up on my map or nav bar?
    Edited by ALosito on July 7, 2015 1:47AM
  • warrior9880
    @ALosito did yo ever get that figured out because I'm having that same problem now?