The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone seen a real Nirnroot plant?

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
There are many plants in ESO taken from the real world. Has anyone seen a Nirnroot looking one?
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen one. They even make the noise.
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. You can find them from the noise they make near rivers and lakes. eliteownage.com/nirnroot6.jpg
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grabbed two in Reapers March, yesterday. Also one in Craglorn the previous day.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question is has anyone see a Nirnroot looking plant in the REAL world... love to breed real life ones! Of course minus the chime and maybe a crimson variety be cool too lol.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally the ESO versions look a lot like pale dandylions to me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seconding the Dandelion vote.

Nirnroot_Online.png

dandelion-leaf.jpg

Until they get their flowers they make a pretty good match.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I notice that the young leaves look more like Nirnroot that older ones (end of leaf changes as get bigger/older). So far that closest I seen myself. Nice pics @Samadhi.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. @newtinmpls is right on the money with the pale dandelions
    8ef686ba176e6efad8f181ca45e88315.jpg
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    We not have those here where I live @Gidorick but yes right structure now cross breed that with common dandelion and see what happens!

Thx all keep the info coming!

• Dante_Ravenkin
    YEah I thought they looked like dandelions without the flower the moment I saw them.
    'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And on youtube; the nirnroot channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmEtQwJSik

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    I hate Nirnroot with a vengeance. Anyone remember that quest in Skyrim where you had to collect about 30 or so crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach? I hated that mission so much. The sound of Nirnroot gives me cold shivers whenever I hear it to this day.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    It clear to me the older Elder Scrolls games Nirnroot was similar to the Pale Dandelion and now ESO same as the Common Danelion variety. We all know it chimes but what is the official leaf color some wikis say green, others blue-gree to me in ESO during the day dark green and at night bright light green as it glows. Can a Lore Master gives us the updated official description to Nirnroot?

• CannibalTreeHippies
    My husband ran across one in game the other day, but I haven't.
    "We, the Bosmer do hereby sign this treaty...for we are too full to eat another bite."
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CannibalTreeHippies in the game you find them near water sources like rivers, lakes and oceans.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I get a kick out of seeing new players leap from their horses and rush towards every time they see one.

After about 20 or so, they realize they are not they realize they are as rare as their dandelion counterparts...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate Nirnroot with a vengeance. Anyone remember that quest in Skyrim where you had to collect about 30 or so crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach? I hated that mission so much. The sound of Nirnroot gives me cold shivers whenever I hear it to this day.

Try Oblivion. You have to find 100 nirnroot.

I managed to finish the crimson nirnroot quest - but I only got to about 80 in oblivion before skyrim came out. Whenever I do decide to go back to oblivion - I definitely don't spend my time collecting nirnroot!

(I spend most of it decorating my house...)
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?