Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Is the Best Gear in ESO crafted, purchased, or looted?

Argusian
Argusian
Is the Best Gear in ESO Crafted, purchased, or looted?

Regardless of if it's crafted, purchased or looted, is it Bind on Pickup, or Bind on Equip?
I salute my Half Life War Boys, who will ride with me eternal on the highways of Valhalla. I am your redeemer. It is by my hand you will rise from the ashes of this world.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best gear depends on your playstyle and build.

Regular merchant gear is bad.
    PvP purchase gear can be best, as can be crafted and looted sets.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 28, 2015 7:58PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say
    Rare Set drops-PvP Gear-Crafted-Looted-NPC merchant gear

In that order.
    Edited by Funkopotamus on June 28, 2015 11:12PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a mix. Some sets can only be bought in Cyrodiil (your own AP, or buy it from other players); some are npc drops (boe); there are 2-part dungeon sets (bop) required for some builds; some very rare weapons (bop); and finally you have gear that is crafted by other players.

All top-notch builds that I'm aware of have gear from every single of those categories. Of course you can substitute almost everything for crafted gear (except accesoires), but this will always yield worse performance - speaking of dps builds, since you can't really measure the other stuff.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Min - Max end game gear mix and match from different sources but there is not ONE perfect collection of gear that suits all players

depends on play style and build

Not the same as WoW "best in slot"
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend