The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I research traits?

BuzzSlightyear
I have the armor traits but when I go to the clothing station to research it says unknown. What do I do?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to research each trait for each item type separately. Opening the research tab, go to the item type you have a trait for. It says "unknown" because you have not yet researched it, but it should be in white color writing instead of greyed out if you have the item in your inventory.

Just double click / activate that trait and a pop up comes up allowing you to select the item you want to research. Confirm, and the research starts.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    You have to research each trait for each item type separately. Opening the research tab, go to the item type you have a trait for. It says "unknown" because you have not yet researched it, but it should be in white color writing instead of greyed out if you have the item in your inventory.

Just double click / activate that trait and a pop up comes up allowing you to select the item you want to research. Confirm, and the research starts.

To add to this it will say Research in white instead of Unknown in grey if you have an item of that type with that trait. Researching destroys the item you choose though so keep that in mind!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

To add to this it will say Research in white instead of Unknown in grey if you have an item of that type with that trait. Researching destroys the item you choose though so keep that in mind!
    Just sayin'