Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Sorcerers weak?

LotusBladedancer
I am new and have a level 15 Sorcerer and having fun with him, but from reading the forums and even general internes searches, it seems towards the later levels (veteran) Sorcerers are being kicked from dungeon groups for being too weak, and being useless in pvp (which I would like to get into)

Should I re-roll a DK or a Nightblade? Just don't want to waste another 20-30 hours on a class that will be useless at end game :-(
  • skoomaking916
    skoomaking916
    ✭✭
    lol no... some people just dont know how to play.
  • skoomaking916
    skoomaking916
    ✭✭
    but you should level a NB.
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are not useless.

You were probably reading posts from 6 months ago
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you reached level 15 you should have noticed that no class is endless at endgame. The main reason is that the class is a much smaller element in the total equation. Race, guilds, sickness, weaponskills and armor skills all have a role there too. In that ESO is different then other MMO's.

There where some variations between classes that where considered too much, but that is mostly solved and all classes are viable at almost all roles now
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are very good in PvP right now. And we are fine in PvE. There're some things we lack and some things others do better than us(no healing skills, no viable self heal), but "kicked out of dungeon group for being weak"? Can't imagine anyone doing that to any class in any role in the current state of the game - unless it's actually a person that simply doesn't know how to perform his role.
    Really though, just play what you like and don't worry about FotM. You won't be excluded from endgame as any class in any role(although some roles are less common - like non-templar healers, sorc tanks, magicka templar dps, but it definitely doesn't mean you cannot succeed with those), so it's just about choosing the class and role you like;)
  • LotusBladedancer
    Thanks for replies, yeah I love playing my Sorc and i'm sure a few tweaks here and there through a learning process will leave me with a decent character.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glass cannons ... love 'em
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend