not showing online in guild

darkashley1
I'm having an error that shows me offline in guild but I'm online and I have email support to get no help
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens frequently in my Guild
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • darkashley1
    How can I fix it I have left the guilds and invite back but hasn't fixed the issue
  • HippyTeepee
    HippyTeepee
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue
    The Dream: To be a person of independent means so I can just game 24/7
    Peace, Mung beans and good times for one and all
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if you/ve already checked this but there is a drop-down list on the top left corner of the Guild Roster screen and you can set your online/offline status there. Might just be worth checking if you can change it there.
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
  • darkashley1
    That worked thank you I feel like a noob lol
  • DubyaRules
    Thanks, Xeneblaze! I submitted a ticket, but I may as well have shouted my problem down a well.

So somehow, all of my Guild Roster flags were changed to show offline. Interesting. I don't care about why or how, I'm just glad to know the fix. Now I can get group invites without travelling across the world to stand in front of someone.

What concerns me most are the "ESO English Support" monotone Boolean search bot responses that I get from my tickets.

After detailing an issue, I get a response that says something like: We're going to close this ticket if we don't hear from you in 4 days. Customer service is important to us, what are you experiencing issues with?

Well...I am experiencing issues with speaking to a human being. No matter what I try, nothing seems to work. I just keep getting auto-replies and cookie-cutter responses. If I say, "Hey, my horse only has three legs", I get the response, "We're going to close this ticket if we don't hear from you in 4 days. What's the issue?". Didn't I just say my horse only has 3 legs? Yes. But did that compute to Mr. Roboto? No sir. NO DOMO ARIGATO!

Imagine going to a restaurant and the waiter comes to your table and says "If you don't order in 4 minutes, we have to kick you out. Welcome to the restaurant, I'll be your waiter. Your experience is extremely important to me, and I will stop at nothing to ensure that everything is perfect! What will you have?" and you say, "I'll have the Ribeye, medium with steamed broccoli and the dinner salad" and after a few minutes of just standing there, the waiter says, "If you don't order in 4 minutes, we have to kick you out. Welcome to the restaurant, I'll be your waiter. Your experience is extremely important to me, and I will stop at nothing to ensure that everything is perfect! What will you have?" Well, you just told him what you would like...but you repeat your order. Once again, after a few minutes, the waiter says, "If you don't order in 4 minutes, we have to kick you out. Welcome to the restaurant, I'll be your waiter. Your experience is extremely important to me, and I will stop at nothing to ensure that everything is perfect! What will you have?" You start to see a pattern forming.

The waiter isn't listening to you. He's not ever going to put in your steak order, he's just standing there asking you the same question over and over again. It's called Lip Service.

"ESO English Support" is the waiter.